Sunday, January 3, 2010

Survey Sundays!

I've decided that each day of the week is going to have a different theme here at 567Kate. Drum roll please...

Survey Sunday
Memory Monday
Recipe Tuesday
Wishful Thinking Wednesday
Accomplishment Thursday
Fabulous Friday
Week in Review Saturday

So there you have it! :) I am also giving myself a free pass once a week to skip a theme, fyi. I make the rules so...I win! :)

On with Survey Sunday...This week's survey is (of course) a Year in Review.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Gave birth! Bahahaha. Well technically, I didn't really do that, since I had a c-section. So how about this? I had my very first c-section.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and you make more for next year?
I did!! It was to keep better track of ALL my money, and I did. I saved 97% of my reciepts/bank statements/ATM reciepts, etc. The ones I don't have are either cash (doesn't matter then) or just got misplaced by accident. My '10 New Years Resolution is to increase my saving and decreasing my spending AND live a healthier lifestyle. I will succeed!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my 3 best friends from high school all had babies! Well, Allie actually birthday Carter, Andy and Rob's fiance/wife gave birth to their babies for them. haha

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not someone I am close with, but I am very close to his family and knew him quite well when he was a kid.

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I'd like to have less weight on my body!

6. What countries did you visit?
The USA. Boring year for us!

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
May 6, 2009! Happy Birthday, Rory!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Managing my money is HUGE for me. I am also pretty proud of becoming a mom and being pretty good at learning the ropes. I also produced the recital one month to the day after Rory was born. Tough stuff.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My eating habits.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was sick a lot because of being pregnant. My biggest injury was my abs after the section and my back/shoulders/neck are all messed up.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Steelers Tickets for Dave for Christmas. :)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Allison Emer! No longer a loud mouth in class. haha And Rory learned to sleep through the night and nap! Joy! Joy! Joy!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
That's private.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Gas, Formula and Bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Rory! And the recital.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hmmm...Father Abraham. :) And anything from Glee.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? Ugh Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, actually.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with my family of 3.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my family in the morning and Dave's family in the afternoon. Nice.

21. Name one random thing that people would be surprised to know about you.
I am almost constantly worrying about something.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
With Glee! :)

24. What was your favorite TV program?
GLEE.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hmmm...I only hate 1 person. I know I shouldn't but I do. Oh I do.

26. What was the best book you read?
This year? Hmmm...The Shack.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Gaga. I was a fan for FOREVER now! Thanks to my hairdresser. He got me hooked on her in 2008.

28. What did you want and get?
I wanted a KitchenAid and I got one for Christmas from my Dad!! :) We also replaced both our cars with safer, newer (and nicer) vehicles.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Night at the Museum 2 and Up.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24...I had a date night with my husband. I was pregnant and covered with PUPP so I wanted to do nothing and wanted nothing. He got me flowers. I went to the spa a couple weeks later. That was perfect for me.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmmm...I'm not really sure, actually.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Tired New Mother.

34. What kept you sane?
Rory's laugh and Chelsea and Nikky and Britt.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Zac Efron. OMG.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Do NOT get me started.

37. Whom did you miss?
My college friends, especially Jesse.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Well I've known them for a few years but I just really got to know Cary and Jason this year. I'm so thankful that we have them in our lives.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Babies will sleep eventually. And this moment is just that...a moment. It will pass and I will survive.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
One day you're gonna want to go
I hope we taught you everything you need to know
Gracie girl

And there will always be a part of me
Nobody else is ever gonna see but you and me
My little girl
My Gracie girl

-Gracie by Ben Folds

No comments: