Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Day Formerly Known As Accomplisment Thursday.

I totally lied to you. Thusdays are suppossed to be ACCOMPLISHMENT Thursday, but nah. Boring. Thursdays are a wasted day of the week. It's allllmost the weekend but not quite. There's not quite enough of the work week left to make you feel worthwhile yet you rush to get stuff done so you won't have to do it on Friday...sooo...Blah. Thursday. Worst day of the week.

Except for me. Because Thursday is my Friday at the studio...Fridays are office days at home, which means coffee and pajamas and a late afternoon shower. So really I can't complain. hehe

I've decided to host Obsession Thursdays. We'll discuss each week things we are *obsessed* with.

This week's theme is...
I am totally obsessed with ________________ on TV.

Confession. I have 2 favorite shows.

The first, and my all time favorite...
Gilmore Girls







I love this show. I started watching in the first season, actually, and kept up with it for a while. Then I started dancing on Tuesday nights so I stopped watching. I rediscovered this gem freshman year of college and it's been no turning back ever since! I love the language of this show. It's so witty and quick. I also love Lorelai and Rory's style. I can't wait to be skinny again so I can dress like them. So classy and fun at the same time.

The best part about this show though is the relationship between Lorelai and Rory. They are more than mother and daughter, they are true friends. I want that relationship with my daughter...coincidentally named Rory. (And yes, this is where it came from!) I went through a super tough time in college (another blog for another day) and Gilmore Girls was such a comfort to me. Marathons upon marathons helped keep my spirits up. It's such a heartfelt show, even the tough stuff is balanced well with humor. Good stuff. :)

My second favorite...


Don't hate. If you haven't watched it, you are missing out! I was a total doubter after watching the teaser episode last May. I though it was awful. I didn't get it. But I gave it another shot when it came back on and I am now a total gLeek. Dave was a doubter, then he watched the football players singing Single Ladies scene and now he's a total lover of all things glee too! We have both soundtracks and I got the first season on DVD for my birthday Tueday. It comes back with 4 or 5 new episodes as soon as stupid American Idol is over. (End of April, I believe) WATCH IT. You will LOVE it.

And, p.s., the dumb fake pregnancy is over and it looks like Terri is gone. Thank goodness. That was the absolute stupidest storyline. I'm glad it's done.


What's your TV obsession? Link up! Lets hear it!

No comments: