This morning, Kelly over at Keeping Up with Kelly and Co. passed along an award to me! This is my first award. Thanks Kelly! I love her blog. It's adorable and her cakes and cookies look AMAZING. (Even though she is cheering for the Vikes and posted a blog about the Pens loss to the Wild...:))
Here are the rules:
-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
-Copy the award & place it on your blog.
-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
-Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
-Nominate 7 bloggers.
-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
Okay, easy enough!
1) I had the hardest time giving up my last name when I got married. Not because I don't love Dave, but I have extremely strong family ties. I don't have any "real" brothers, it seems, (another blog for another day...) so it was always important for me and Chelsea to carry on the Lenaway name. There's very few Lenaways out there. I eventually made it part of my middle name. If I ever have a son, there's a good chance his middle name will be Lenaway. Most people don't understand why this is important, but it's more common than you think.
2) When I was pregnant (and my whole life really), I thought for sure I wouldn't want to know the sex of my baby until he/she was born. That was all well and good until my last 2 months of pregnancy. I went through masssive panic attacks about not having any clothes for the baby. Silly and completely misplaced I know, but wow. Never doing that again. (Sorry Dave! I can't do it!)
3) I love to cook! I wish I was home in the evenings more so that I could cook dinner every night and actually eat with Dave more often. He doesn't mind though, he loves foooood, reheated or not. :))
4) I never finished my Bachelor's Degree. It bothers me a ton and I'm pretty insecure about it. I want to finish. I will finish, but someday.
5) I love to read and write and secretly aspire to be an author someday. I'd love to write children's books and illustrate them myself. No, I can't draw. I think it'd be hilarious.
6) I have u-g-l-y toes from 22 years of dancing. I need to have them painted because I feel like people would gag at the state of my toenails. haha
7) I am addicted to coffee, specifically house blend from Sheetz with skim milk and Splenda. (That right there? Freebie food! It's pretty much calorie free, it is sugar and fat free.) I can't help it. I love it. I could live in a coffee house. This addiction started in college. I had a freshman seminar that met in the coffee house three times a week. I fell in love with the atmosphere! It was always calm, nice music and a relaxed feel to the air. The people I met there were not people I'd have met anywhere else. I'd love to own a coffee shop of my own. Maybe someday...
Now! I pass this on to...
Laura at Life Happens
Nicole at Losingthe40
Mama M at 5 Crooked Halos
Nicole at The Young Mama Blog
Melissa at Little Mrs. Married
Elizabeth at Confessions of a Working Mom
Christa at According to Christa
Thanks again, Kelly!