Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Week in Review!

According to the syllabus, we are scheduled to do a weekly review today. So we shall! Grab a pencil, there might be a quiz...:)

Sunday, January 3, 2009:
Happy Birthday to my best high school friend, Allie! (She's also the mom of the cutest boy in the world, Carter. He'll be ONE next month! Where did time go??)
I really can't tell you what we did last Sunday...must have been pretty boring? haha

Monday, January 4, 2009:
I worked, Dave worked, Rory got back on a nice schedule. Phew!! I taught competition team classes all night and I love my team this year. SKDF Girls (And Hunter, too!) are a good time, for sure.

Tuesday, January 5, 2009:
Happy 25th Birthday to MEEEEE!! I took Rory to the doctor for her first "sickness" and am still not sure how I found my way to the office. We usually go to the office closer to us, but the doctors were at the OTHER office on Tuesdays. Somehow we got there! (Where was my TomTom when I needed it? Oh yes. In Dave's car. The one with free OnStar Turn by Turn! hahahaha) Chelsea and I went all Julie&Julia for my family for dinner and made bruschetta, homemade marinara with chicken, mashed new potatoes and ceasar salad! :) Dave surprised me by getting Cook or Be Cooked in addition to my best present GLEEEEEEE Season 1, Part 1 on DVD. :)

Wednesday, January 6, 2009:
Back to work! Back to a routine! Back to real life! I love holidays, but I crave my schedule and my routine. I like when Rory is on course, I am on course, the whole family is running smoother when we are on our schedule. This was a pretty mundane day at work, nothing out of the ordinary. One of my high school classmate's (who's daughter I now teach) mom passed away after a long long battle with cancer. So much sadness has been infiltrating my dance studio lately and it just breaks my heart.
Also my student Audri's 7th birthday! :)

Thursday, January 7, 2009:
Happy Birthday to my student Marcie!! (Lots and lots of January birthdays at Studio K, for sure.) I taught my regular Thursday classes. I made a break through finally with my boys acro class. They weren't responding to my usual methods and their behavior was typical boy: slightly wild and totally crazy. I got through to them though with, of all things, a simple sticker chart and cookie challenge. When the whole class earns 10 stickers, they will all get cookies. They can get bonus stickers for good behavior, good teamwork and good communication.

Speaking of which...I've noticed that my boy students already don't communicate well. They TALK, but they don't ask for help when they need it nearly as often as my girls, they don't tell each other the plan when they are completing a task togther...it's so interesting. It's a behavior that they will carry on through their life. I making it a point to work on my boys' communication skills. Their future wives can thank me. :)

Friday, January 8, 2009
My birthday celebration!! Dave and I took my sister and our friend Lindsay down to Cary and Jason's. We met up with my college roommate and went out on the town for the night. SO much dancing! SOOOO much fun! It was so nice to be with friends and actually behave like I'm only in my 20's instead of 50 for once. (My Dad's words, not mine! haha) I have good people in my life, for sure.


Heather and myself! Allegheny College Alumni looking FIIIIINE. hahaha


Saturday, January 9, 2009
HAPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY to my girl, Nikky! She's 20 today. No longer a teenager. :)
Today was pretty relaxed. We got up late, went to Olive Garden for lunch then all headed home from Cary's. I picked up the baby from my mom's and now everyone is napping...except me. :) Grilled Cheese with (turkey) bacon and tomato sandwiches with soup for dinner tonight.

All things considered, a pretty great week! Disney Trip in 25 days and a wake up!

No comments: