Most of 2011 was a blur. A loud, crying filled blur. Between Trace's ongoing issues, Rory being a stubborn 2 year old and Dave and I just trying to keep our heads above water...it was a long year. I'm so ready for 2012 and the promise of a clean slate, a new chance to make a wonderful, memory filled year. I'm setting some goals for myself this year.
Here they are...
1. Organize my house. My house is small and we are exploding out of it. I'm determined to rent a dumpster and purge SO MUCH out of here. I'm going to stream line everything, even the kids toy room. It will feel so good when I'm done!
2. Keep getting healthy. I've actually been doing pretty good lately, but I can do better. I WILL do better. I want to be at my ideal weight when we go to Disney World. I want to get a beautiful family picture that I feel comfortable in to hang on my wall.
3. Continue to grow our savings account. I ended up draining most of it last year when Trace need formula that cost more than my car payment every month. Ugh. But it's filling back up. I love to budget and save so this will be a task that is completed for sure.
4. Cook dinner at least 4 nights a week. This is hard for me because my schedule is so disjointed. But if I make a conscious effort to cook dinner 4 nights a week, there's plenty of leftovers for the other 2 or 3. Saves money, time and energy in the long run.
5. Reconnect with old friends in a conscious, intentional way. I already started this one but I need to follow through on calling my friends, getting together even for just coffee. I need girl friends here in my town. I miss my old friends.
6. Pray without ceasing for the direction of my dance studio. I feel pulled in so many different ways right now and I want to make good, God directed decisions. There could be some big, exciting changes coming my way.
That's it. That's all. I can achieve these things. I know I can. Anyone want to be my accountability partner?
Happy New Year, friends. May God's blessings pour down on you this year. May you find yourself healthy, happy and surrounded by love. May the days that bring you down be few and far between. Remember to laugh without fear of the future! xoxo