Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rory's First Dance Class

Today was a big day. Today was Rory's first "dance class."

Let me explain.

I give private lessons through out the summer to kids who request them in certain areas. Today I did two, one in acro and one in tap to a brother and sister. Their younger brother, Eric, will be two next month and his mom wanted him to get a little tap time in as well. Rory joined the "class." I thought it would be less intimidating for both of them to do it together.

Eric was hilarious in his tap shoes, running back and forth. He did about 2 shuffles and that was enough for him. That's what we expected, of course. His mom gets it. :) Rory on the other hand...stood patiently at the wall, did her shuffles, her marches and her toe taps. She was SO SAD when it was time to be done. She wanted to "keep going, Mama! Keep doing my shuffles!"

To say I'm proud is an understatement. My girl wants to tap. And that's a blessing!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww!! That is too sweet!! :-D

Melissa said...

Love it!!! :)