Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Wanna Be a Rockette



I have wanted to be a Rockette my ENTIRE life. It's a big tradition in my family to watch the Macy's Parade every Thanksgiving. When I was little, I'd try to follow along with the Rockettes performances. I've seen them live 4 times, one year I saw them twice in 3 weeks. I danced the Rockette Experience on my 17th birthday. I'm a little bit obsessed to say the least.

Yet. Not much can be done when you are only 5'5. You have to be 5'7, barefoot and without question, to qualify to audition. That's a sad fact that I have had to come to terms with. ;) I'm not tall, I'll never be tall. I've satisfied myself with turning my dancers into mini-Rockettes and live happily knowing at least 2 of my students plan to audition for the big show when they are old enough! I live vicariously through them.


Those were the days!

No comments: