Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12 Days of Christmas: Day 8



It's Day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge and today's topic is...
Least Favorite Thing About the Holidays


Hmmm...this one required some serious thinking on my part. I guess what I don't like is the let down after the holidays. You know, that weird feeling when the excitement is over and the family has left town. It's time to put away the decorations and plow through three or four more months of bland and blah winter. I consider myself lucky because I extend the holiday season to include my birthday (January 5th! :)). If I wanted to, I could even include Dave's on January 26th. That helps with the post Hallow-Thanks-Christmas Madness of Oct/Nov/Dec. (And next year, we'll have a birthday thrown in there too for Trace!)

Yep, that's my answer. I don't like the let down when the holidays are over. In fact, I'm feeling that way a little bit now. But there's always something to look forward to, it's just a matter of picking it out! :)

No comments: