Monday, March 14, 2011

Our Weekend

Friday, my inlaws took the kids overnight for us! I needed a break, big time. Can I just say how great Mike and Ann are? They really are great! Dave and I are so blessed to have both sets of the kids' grandparents so close by.

Friday, Dave and I went to his last Lasik follow up appointment. He officially "graduated." He even got a diploma! haha NERD. Dave's appointments were all in Pittsburgh, so we got to eat at my favorite restaurant ever...The Cheesecake Factory!
I, of course, got my favorite: Thai Chicken Pasta. This picture does not do it justice.

Image from here

Dave had something called Bang Bang Chicken or something. I didn't like it. It was weird. But he loved it! haha

We came home, watched a bunch of shows off the DVR and polished off a bottle of red wine.

Saturday morning, I got to sleep in until 7:30!! My excitement was over the top. (haha) Dave took me out to breakfast then I taught for 2.5 hours. We had an acro workshop with a guest teacher. My kids did FANTASTIC. A bunch of them took the opportunity to really improve their skills. One girl even threw her first full twisting layout. If you are unfamiliar with tumbling, basically she does a really fast round off, springs in to the air traveling backwards in a straight position. She then twists her body 360 degrees like a corkscrew and lands on her feet.


I've never had any student successfully throw one, mostly because that's one trick I never managed to do myself. It's incredibly difficult. But now one student can do it! That means the others will be close behind. :)

Saturday night, we, ALL FOUR OF US, went to church. It was the first time since Trace was born that we could all go together. Someone was always sick (cough TRACE cough) or out of town. But this week we all went. No better time than the start of Lent either!

Then I won the wife of the year award and sent my husband to his friend's house for the night. He headed to State College and went out on the town with friends. He didn't come back until 3:30 yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday, I worked again. We had our full competition team practice. Video coming soon. :)

All in all, a pretty relaxed weekend here in the forest. Trace is starting to improve, still not great but it's getting better. Rory had a touch of the flu this weekend and is finally starting to eat again. Now I have a cold. Yuck, but we will survive.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Neely said...

bang bang chicken...sounds dirty!