Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Girl Talk Hop: What Do You Want to Do??



I am so late to the party this week, but I am still here! Join in at Girl Talk for this great blog hop.

Today's questions...

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I waffled back and forth. In 4th-6th grade, I want to be a pediatric oncologist. This is when my Grammie was battling cancer and ultimately passed away. I wanted to help kids! This changed, obviously. The real desire of my heart was ALWAYS in dance. I wanted to be a Rockette but I never reached the minimum height. That dream became a dream to teach dance.

2. Did you go to school/get training to become that? If not what did you go to school/get training for?
I did and I didn't. My major at Allegheny was Theatre, which is of course 100% applicable to dance. I took a TON of dance classes at the same time, but it was not my major.
I have SO MUCH dance training. I started dancing at age 3 and never stopped. I have had at least one dance recital a year since then. I am certified in teaching ballet through the Cecchetti method of training. I've taken classes on teaching every style of dance as well. I really can't list it all here. (haha)

3. Are you currently using your degree/training now?
I sure am! Every day!

Which is good, because I'd really cry every month paying my loans if I wasn't.


4. If you could do it all again would you do it the same or would you want to be something different?
No way! I LOVE MY JOB. It's beyond stressful but it has made me into an independent person. My parents don't run my business. I DO! I do it all, bookwork, managing, website, all of it. Without that part of my life, I wouldn't be half as strong and self sufficient woman I am now.




No comments: