Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mom Shopping

Posting on my phone, so my apologies if this is formatted funny or filled with errors. :)

Today, dave and I are in Hershey,celebrating our anniversary. His parents graciously offered to take R and T for 2 nights so we could have a quiet, relaxing weekend. We are staying at The Hershey Lodge and have been indulging in all things sweet! We went to Chocolate World, the zoo and then the outlets.

I love outlets.

No really, I LOVE them. If I could shop only at the outlets, I would. Thankfully, the closest outlet mall to me is almost 2 hours away. If it wasn't, I would be broke!

I love shopping for the kids at the outlets the most, I think. The Carters outlet is like heaven. Today everything in the entire store was 50% off. What?!? I know! I was able to really stock up for summer and not worry about the price tag. It was fantastic. OshKosh was all buy one get one free too! I spent around 130 dollars and got 10 shirts, 3 pairs of shorts and 5 onesies for T and 5 shirts, a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie, 2 jumpers and an Easter dress for Rory. Hello awesome! I was so excited!!

At the Disney outlet, I got almost all Rory's birthday presents for half of what I had budgeted. I kid you not. A costume, a wand, 2 tshirts, a plate, cup, placemat, sunglasses, 2 bags AND a Minnie kitchen for 88 dollars!! EIGHTY EIGHT DOLLARS. The kitchen was originally over 100 bucks and I got it for 40! I want to go back tomorrow I think and pick up some smaller stuff for both R and T for Easter.

I think as a mom and a wife, its part of my "duty" to stretch our dollars. I am new to using coupons but I am loving it. I paid full price for only one thing today: rorys new sunglasses. A big 3.50! Haha I get a huge sense of accomplishment when I hand over discount cards and coupons and bam! My total due goes way down. It keeps our budget in line and gives me peace of mind. Mom shopping, for sure.

Where do you find the best deals? Do you use any good websites for coupons? Share your saving secrets!


3 comments:

Marguerite said...

You did awesome! Do you like the Hersey outlet more than Grove City? I have been thinking about taking a trip out there. I use http://thekrazycouponlady.com/krazy-this-week and http://www.livefabuless.com/search/label/coupon%20matchups for my grocery and drug store coupon match ups. The stores I shop at the most are: Giant eagle, CVS, Target and Walgreens....but there are lots of other stores on there. Then I am friends with "Living Rich with Coupons, My Frugal Adventures, and Freebies 4 Moms on facebook. I have scored some awesome coupons for restaurants and stores from those ladies and they also do coupon match ups and freebies. I love it! Today I got a free lotion from Bath and Body works, 8 summer rompers for Sam at JC Penny for $15, and a bra and panties at VS for $30...the bra before coups was $38! I LOVE COUPONS!

Melissa said...

WOW! Those are some awesome deals! :) Yay!

Neely said...

Sounds like you found some great stuff!