Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Holy Random.

I have nothing really worthwhile to offer up today. No philosophical waxing and waning, no insights in to my life, nothing really. :) Just a bunch of random rambling. I guess this is a good thing because it means there's nothing I'm driving myself crazy over that needs to be spewed for the entire blogosphere to read. ;)

Here goes!

1) Next year, my studio's recital theme is all things DISNEY. I'm looking for suggestions on people's favorite Disney songs. It can be from a movie (animated, live action, Disney or Pixard), from a tv show, a ride or attraction, a song that reminds you of somewhere at Disney World/Land, anything Disney is fair game. Got a suggestion? Let me hear it please! It takes about 6 months each year to go through and pick songs. It's a really long process and I like to get it started ASAP.

2) I currently have 46 followers. (Not bad, considering until a couple months ago I didn't really put my blog out there! :)) If I hit 50 by Rory's birthday on May 6, I'll do a Ro's Favorite Things giveaway. Trust, it's cuter than you think. Rory's favorite things...adult style. ;)

3)I grade the kids' shows on TV. Shamelessly. Every morning while I am feeding Trace, I let Rory watch a couple shows. One is called Pinky Dinky Doo and it's actually not bad. It focuses on vocabulary, which is great, and the difference between lying and using your imagination. It also goes over basic story concepts (setting, characters, etc) I give it an A for overall appeal and an A+++ on the annoying scale. (For comparison, Yo Gabba Gabba gets an F- on the annoying scale. Vom!) Dora gets a C. Her voice makes me want to yank my hair out but Rory learned to identify yellow in one episode the other night so I'm not complaining. Yellow is hard, yo.

4) I used to think Twitter was stupid. I've had an account for like 2 years and just started using it a couple months ago. I'm pretty glad I did, because I love the girls I tweet with on there. It's like having friends! :) How my life has changed! I enjoy reading through people I've never met in real life's tweets and replying. I find myself wondering if so and so had a good date, if this girl is feeling better, etc through out the day. Makes me feel human again, like I'm connected to a great group of women! And the best part is? These women don't care if I'm still in my pajamas 45 minutes before I have to leave for work and they don't care if Trace is screaming in the background of our conversations because it's all digital baby. :)

5) Snow in the forecast tomorrow and Friday. Bluaghaeurpshdfljbsg.


No one came through with suggestions on a blog designer. Anyone? Anyone?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm #47 :) Sounds like a fun giveaway!

Yes, Twitter is amazing. I just used it to celbrity stalk for a while, and now I don't really even follow celebrities. I love my real-life gals!

As for the blog design, I adore Jenn at Munchkin Land Designs. She is super sweet and has done two amazing blog designs for me. Love her. LOVE. http://www.munchkinland-designs.com/

Hmmm... Disney songs. I think pretty much anything from The Little Mermaid. I also love the songs from Aladdin. The Lion King is good, too. Enough? okay!

Neely said...

A disney theme! Thats awesome sauce!

Laura said...

Lindsey does blog design. I think she is a bit busy and backed up right now but here is her link... http://designsbylinds.blogspot.com/

Genelle said...

I used Becca over at www.jumpingjaxdesigns.com for my business blog. She's awesome and super easy to work with. She has gotten pretty popular since she started her business and she's a WAHM so you have to get on her waiting list, but she's worth the wait and her prices aren't bad. She also keeps a person blog at http://www.theparopost.com/