Sunday, December 19, 2010

Kickin' Chicken Quesadillas

Ohhh my goodness, these quesadillas are *AWESOME.* I planned my pre-Christmas week dinner menu entirely off of Pioneer Woman. Don't ask me why, I just felt that it was...festive? haha Each recipe this week is a new one to me and I'll share the ones I liked.

Dave and I invited his parents over for the Steelers game and dinner tonight. I made these quesadillas and everyone agreed they were super delish! (SUPER easy too, fyi)

You will need...
Cooked, shredded chicken (I used 2 large cans of chicken breast because I was in a hurry lazy today)
1 small jar of Taco Sauce, whatever flavor you like
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 medium yellow onion
1 regular sized bag of Mexican blend shredded cheese
Butter
Oil
Salt and Pepper
Minced Garlic, if desired
Tortillas

2 cans of chicken and the above amounts made enough for five well-filled quesadillas.

1) Finely dice onion and peppers. I used a red, a yellow and an orange pepper because that's what Wal-Mart had that looked the best. Whatever colors you like work great.

2) In a large skillet, heat oil. Once heated, add in garlic, onions and pepper. Saute until soft and onions are translucent. You could add the peppers later if you like a little crunch to them.

3) Turn down heat. Add taco sauce. Add shredded chicken. (Drain, if you used canned!) Combine.

4) In frying pan, melt butter. Place one tortilla in frying pan. Add chicken mixture, top with cheese. Lightly butter one side of another tortilla and place, butter side up, on top of cheese and chicken. Smush with a spatula. (Smush is a technical term!)

5) When bottom tortilla looks good and crispy, flip quesadilla over. This is a little tricky! I used two spatulas. It was rough the first time, then it got easier. :)

6) When both sides are crispy and cheese is melted, remove from pan. Cut into wedges.

7) Repeat until all your delicious filling is gone!

You can serve them with sour cream, quacamole, salsa...whatever you like to dip them in! They are saucy and cheesy, so you don't even really need any sauce. Mexi-rice would be a great side dish. I did brocolli cheese steam fresh because that's what sounded good to me tonight. :)

Seriously, these quesadillas are amaaaaazing! I highly recommend them! Thanks Pioneer Woman!!

No comments: