Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Girl Talk Hop



Today let's talk about Christmas and answer a few questions...
1. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
White Christmas!! It's such a wonderful, happy, classic movie. I don't remember ever NOT loving it. Rory and I watched it yesterday and she was mesmerized. The dancing and singing can not be beat. It doesn't get much better than Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby. I mean...come on! :)If you've never seen it, rent it or put in your Netflix queue. Totally worth it!



Elf is a very close second. Third place goes to Holiday in Handcuffs. It's a Hallmark Channel movie with Mario Lopez and Melissa Joan Hart. Adorable!

2. What is your favorite Christmas song and why?
I love "Do You Hear What I Hear?" It's so poignant and beautiful. We sang an arrangement of it in my show choir in high school and it gave me chills. Beautiful!
My favorite secular Christmas song would be "Sleigh Ride," specifically Michael W. Smith's version. So fun!!

3. What is your favorite ornament or Christmas decoration?
Hmmm...I love this hand painted glass ball, painted with pansies, that my favorite dance family gave me on my first Christmas married to Dave. :)

4. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Growing up, I loved sitting at the top of the stairs on Christmas morning, waiting for Mom to give us the okay to come down. She'd play carols on the piano and the anticipation was palpable! :)

Now...I guess it would be my surprise present for Dave each other. I always get him one over the top present. Two years ago it was a Wii (me present too! :)) and last year it was tickets to a Steelers game. Tune in on the 26th to see what this year's is. :)

5. What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Oh my goodness, I have so many. When I was 7 or 8, 101 Dalmatians was re-released into theaters. I was obsessed with the one dog, Patches. I asked Santa and my parents for a stuffed Patches. Not expensive, not hard to find and really all I wanted! I was so crushed on Christmas morning to not find it under the tree. I remember trying so hard not to be sad, but I was. Then later, we went to my Grammie and Poppies. Under the tree was the illusive Patches waiting for me!! My Uncle Codfish (Barry) got him for me. A Christmas Miracle!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm thinking that I have never seen A White Christmas. hmmm. Might have to see if the movie store has it.

Melissa said...

I haven't seen it either! I will have to add it to my Netflix! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I forgot about Holiday in Handcuffs! I loved that movie!

I love your memory of the dalmatian. How sweet!

Kelly said...

Ahhh, 101 Dalmations. My sister and I went nuts for that craze too :-) Can't wait to see what you get for Dave! And will you still be my friend if I tell you that I've never seen "White Christmas"? Blame my 'rents!!