Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Worst Date Ever

Whoa baby am I sick. On Friday, I started feeling "funny." Just not myself. By 7:30 that night, it was the full blown stomach flu. I was sick so bad over night I ended up in the ER Saturday morning for fluids and medicine. Fast foward to today, Tuesday. I'm still having some gastro intestinal issues (ahem) but thankfully no more throwing up. I'd appreciate any healthy vibes and prayers you can send my way. It's AWFUL to be sick, but especially awful with 2 toddlers.

Moving on to the Valentine's Challenge! Today's topic is...worst date ever.


Valentine’s Day Challenge


I'm pretty lucky in this area, I don't have many bad dates of which to speak.  The one the stands out the most in my mind though was my senior year of high school. I'd be dating the same guy for 2 years at this point. We were really in to the Lord of the Rings movie and had plans the Friday night it came out for dinner and a late show. We were going to McDonald's quick and then the movie, so the plan was. I was exhausted from a full week of work, dance and school so I was wearing yoga pants, a hoodie and no makeup. No biggie, right?

Except my boyfriend failed to mention to me that we were picking up his best friend and his girlfriend (whom I'd never met) and skipping dinner because it would take too long to drive out to get them and get food. So I'm in the car, ready for some McD's fries and a good movie nd BAM. We pull in to a house I've never seen before and out walks cute girlfriend, in heels and a super cute outfit, hair all done and makeup on.

Oh I was mad.

I ended up getting home around midnight, hungry, cranky and tired.

Wow that's really not that bad. I have this one friend, Pam, who's boyfriend Roy and his brother left her at a high school hockey game when she went to the bathroom. On their first date. (Points if you get the reference...;))

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Not an AWFUL date, but I'd still be angry ;)

Alyssa said...

Ahhh, I'd be so embarrassed!! Thanks for the notice, right?

Mandy said...

How embarassing!
Found you through the V-Day linkup and I'm following you.
Mandy
http://mandyxcakesandcompany.blogspot.com

Casey said...

You're lucky if that's your worst, but no one loves a surprise like that on a date!

Thanks for linking up to the Valentine's Challenge with us!

Hi Katie Monster... said...

I SO GOT THAT REFERENCE! :)