Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's Okay... Birthday edition!

Today is my birthday! I'm officially 27. I don't really care about my age, so it's no biggie to me at all. :) I'm linking up as always this snowy, freezing cold Thursday with Neely and Amber for It's Okay Thursday. This week, we'll do it birthday style! :)

Its Ok Thursdays


Hey it's okay...

...to intend to eat nothing healthy all day. It's my birthday!
...to have my eye on a glass of Clarion River Red wine for after the kids go to bed tonight. (Shout out to Neely!)
...to be considering going to get a manicure AND a pedicure. Going wild over here! ;)
...to look forward to your family birthday dinner tomorrow night like it's a night out in Vegas. I'm just...all about family these days. :)
...to be really glad your sister is on a rotation at a local hospital right now so she's home for my birthday. Selfish? don't care! :)
...to have gotten a little teary eyed over a FB post from a 14 y/o student named Jimmy. He recounted all the memories he could think of from his years as my student and in my parents' plays. It was beautiful! And Jim, if you ever read this, I'll ALWAYS hand you a broom stick and pull you to safety when you wear tap shoes on a sheet of ice. :)
...to be spending the morning lazily watching Disney Junior with the kids and drinking Diet Coke. No hate!
...to have given yourself the day off from work. And laundry. And cleaning.

What's okay with you today? Even if it's not your birthday, you can still be queen for a day. ;) Link up with Neely and Amber!

10 comments:

Neely said...

Lol to the wine shoutout! Happy birthday!!!!

Kelly said...

Enjoy YOUR day!! Sounds like you're going to have SO much fun in the next few days. Happiest of Birthday wishes!!

Unknown said...

You totally deserve all this and more!! Happy birthday, friend!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Kate!! Hope it's a totally fabulous year for you!

Jess said...

Happy birthday! Welcome to 27! :)

Emily said...

You deserve the day off from laundry, cleaning or anything else 'grown-up'!! Have fun with your kiddos & got get that mani/pedi!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Becca Christensen said...

I vote yes to the mani/pedi. : ] You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! today is my sisters birthday too :) very cute blog!

http://angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

A Babbling Brunette said...

l love your list! I hope you had a great birthday and welcome to the 27 club!

Christa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!