Monday, January 16, 2012

Tagged, Tagged, Tagged!

I got tagged in this fun little meme by 2 of my fave bloggers over the weekend. Jess at The Pretty Physicist (go check out her science of beauty post today! REALLY interesting! :)) and Melissa at Little Mrs. Married! She is so sweet and a wonderful person. I'm playing along because hey, it's a snowy, freezing cold Monday and who doesn't need a little fun?! :)

First off, I'm to list 11 random facts about myself. So here goes!

1. I have clinical depression and have since I was 19 years old. It is currently complicated by post partum depression. I am an open book about it and I will answer any and all questions you have about depression. It is nothing to be embarrassed about and it's something that needs to be talked about more.
2. I wake up with a sore throat and a stuffy nose almost every day of the winter.
3. My son's middle name is Joseph, after Joe Paterno. (And my dad)
4. I was raised Baptist, my dad pastored a non-denominational church for 6 years and now I'm a Methodist. Basically, I'm just a Christian. :)
5. My favorite bible verse is Proverbs 31:25: She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.
6. I'm addicted to Pinterest. For sure. I love it!
7. I love to watch the Duggars on TLC. I just really like that family, as quirky as they are. They just seem like good, nice, wholesome people.
8. My son just stuck his hand in my coffee and shook it all over me. Thanks, Trace.
9. I haven't dyed my hair in 7 months! That's the longest I've gone since 8th grade when I started getting highlights. I kinda like it, not going to lie. But once summer comes around...I'll need my highlights. :)
10. Dave and I are going to Philadelphia this weekend! Holla.
11. In high school, I tore all the tendons away from the side of my foot and pinkie toe on my right foot. It still hurts.


11 Questions from Jess at The Pretty Physicist...
1. If you could have dinner with any 3 people, alive or dead, who would have have dinner with? Oh great question! I'd say Eleanor Roosevelt, Susan Stroman and Walt Disney. My personal, theatrical and creative inspirations.
2. If you could do any job in the world, what would it be? I'd be a choreographer at Disney World. Oh, how I'd love that job. I'd do just about anything to get it. Anyone know how to get that kind of job?
3. Would you rather be rich or happy? Happy.
4. Facebook or Twitter? Twitter, for real. I'm over FB.
5. If you could change anything that happened to you in 2011, would you? I wish I would have taken Trace to the doctor sooner. I feel bad that I let his acid reflux go so long.
6. Who is your favorite musical artist? Ben Folds. <3 <3 <3
7. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? My mom's spaghetti, my grandpa's salad, garlic bread and green beans. MMMMM!
8. If you could move anywhere in the world, where? Somewhere warm. I'm kinda sick of Pennsylvania.
9. Do you like snow? I do and I don't. I live in the FOREST so we get lots. It hasn't bad this year at all this year though.
10. What time do you wake up in the morning? 7.
11. What is the last thing you do before going to bed at night? Pray!


11 Questions from Melissa at Little Miss Married...
1. What are your biggest pet peeves, not including traffic issues? (We all have traffic issues.) Hands down, loud chewing. I can't stand it. It makes me so angry. Even my students know. No gum, no loud chewing around Miss Kate. I just can't take it.
2. If you could go on an all-expense paid vacation & take one person, who would you take & where would you go? I would take Dave, of course. He's the most fun person to travel with! And I take him to Italy/Greece.
3. If you could do anything you wanted for your next birthday, what would you do? (Money is no object & everything is okay to eat!) Ooooh this would be so fun. I'd like to take a cruise to the Bahamas I think. I think that'd be a fun little birthday celebration.
4. What is your favorite play or musical? If you do not have one, how are we friends? (Totally kidding. I don't watch football, it all evens out!) hahaha Mel, I love this! :) And my favorite musical that I was ever in was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. My favorite musical I've ever seen on Broadway is either Spamalot or Footloose. My favorite play is hands down, without a doubt The Laramie Project.
4. What are some of your favorite girl names? Favorite boy names? If we were to have another baby (and NO this can't happen) a girl would be named Lacy Kate and a boy would be named Carson James. Feel free to steal these names because this baby factory is CLOSED. :)
5. What is the biggest lesson you have learned in life? People will disappoint you. God won't.
6. What is your favorite recipe? (Link please!) Right now? We are loving the baked spaghetti recipe from Pinterest.


7. What is the last book you read? Did you enjoy it? I read the Pretty Little Liars books over Thanksgiving. I LOVED THEM. They were so mindless and great. I needed that break! :)
8. Who is your favorite author or speaker? My favorite speaker is Oprah. My favorite author is Sophie Kinsella.
9. Which bloggie friends do you hope to meet in real life? Kelly Lindsey Neely Amber Meghan Kerbi Melissa Jess...Actually any of my blog friends. I'm SO SAD I'm not going to Blissdom. :( don't talk about it.
10. What is your nervous habits? Tapping my feet all the time. ALL THE TIME.
11. What do you hope will happen (that could happen!) in 2012? I want to finish losing weight. BLAH.


Now I'm supossed to tag 11 bloggers so here we go...in no particular order!
1. Kelly at Keeping Up with Kelly and Co.
2. Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup
3. Lindsey at Running Down a Dream
4. Amber at Brunch With Amber
5. Brittan at Babbling Brunette
6. Meghan at The Perfect Compilation Tape
7. Katie at Finding My Way Back to Then
8. Tayler at Down the Rabbit Hole
9. Laura at A Hearty Overflow
10. YOU! Consider yourself tagged. :)

5 comments:

Neely said...

I will def get this done this week! XOXO

Jess said...

Loved reading your answers!

Meghan said...

YAY! Thanks for the tag! I can't wait to play!

A Disney choreographer would be AMAZING!

Melissa said...

I didn't mean to tag you if you'd already been tagged! OOPS! But i loved reading yours! i so agree on clinical depression... it should be talked about more. Nothing to be ashamed of! Love your musical answers. I've never seen that play, though! :o/

Laura said...

I supposed I'm going to have to do one of these eventually since I keep getting tagged. :) Problem is that I have no one else to tag!