Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Randoms on the babies...so I don't forget!

Maternity "leave" is over for this Mama! I put "leave" in quotes because well...I was off 3 weeks. One of those weeks the studio was closed entirely. The last two, I went in every day to turn on the heat, do some office work. On Wednesdays, I went in and taught 4 hours...So leave is a loose word. (haha) I never really left! You don't have that luxury when you own the business. No owner? No money! I am very thankful I have amazing assistants and fellow teachers that covered for me for two weeks.

Part of me would like more time off, to just hang out with the kids and be home. But a much larger part of me was craving the studio. Last night was really nice for me. It's the first time in 10 months I have been dancing and not pregnant. Everything felt better and my choreography was definitely better. That's a nice feeling. I was doubting myself there for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trace is three weeks old! Holy moly! He'll be a month old on Thanksgiving. Excuse me, where did that month go?! I highly recommend having a baby during the holiday season because it makes time FLY by even faster than usual. The long nights fly by. I keep reminding myself that by Christmas, he'll be going 7-8 hours a night, no problem and by Dave's birthday at the end of January, it'll be 10-11 hours. He's already eating at 9, sleeping until 1:30 or 2, eating then, sleeping until 6, eating then sleeping until 8:30 or 9! That's really and truly only waking up one time a night. It's two, because I go back to bed after he eats at 6 (especially now that I'm back to work), but really it's only one! Crazy!! At his two week appointment, he weighed 9 lbs 9 oz and was 21.5 inches long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rory is 18 months old. That really blows my mind. She is such a mini-kid now. Talks a mile a minute (mostly gibberish) but every once a while, she'll look at me and spout off a whole sentence. Yesterday, the dog sneezed and Rory said (unprompted) Bless You! It melted my heart. :) She's going to start potty training in January because she hates her diapers. At her 18 month well child visit, she weighed 23 pounds and is 32 inches tall. She's weighed 23 pounds since her 12 month visit! Rory has one more shot in December and then NONE until Kindergarten!! She's growing right up, that's for sure. :)

Enjoy your Tuesday! We are being bums today. It's cold and looks like rain...we're just hanging out and watching dance recitals. :) Thanksgiving is coming!!! YAYYYY!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay! Thanksgiving is coming! Cant' wait to visit with you guys. We'll be at Mom's from Wed-Sun I think. :)

Rock on Babywise! Sleep is goooood.