Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gratitude Day 5

GCD5: Take 5 minutes and be thankful for what you have in your life at this moment. Don't long for what you don't possess, focus on the blessings you have in your life at this moment.

I like this one! I'm working really hard on living in the moment more. I tend to wish my life away, thinking "when Christmas comes and I get this..." or "by the dance recital, Trace will be doing this..." I end up missing out on the moment I'm in and not be fully thankful for the awesomeness of THIS moment.

I am really thankful for nighttime feedings with Trace. Call me crazy, sure. Yes, I am exhausted. BUT! I also know that I will not have another newborn to stay up with during the night. I won't have the satisfaction of comforting and giving a baby exactly what he needs, when he needs it, ever again the way you do with a newborn. I really believe that the nighttime sessions I spent with Rory are when we bonded the best and I am feeling that connection with Mr. Man already.

I am thankful for my dog, Millie. She's such a lover and always wants everyone to be happy and okay. I appreciate her outlook on life, even though she's "just a dog." When we got her, we asked the breeder to recommend a dog with a sweet personality that would be good with children. He couldn't have picked out a better puppy for us! She's so gentle and caring and the best nap partner I have. :)

I am thankful for my super comfy bed. It's not as big as I would like (Dave is a TERRIBLE bed sharer!) but it is beyond comfy. True, at this moment, I don't get to spend as much time in it as I would like, but those precious hours I am sleeping are delightful.

I am thankful for baby gear, like bouncy seats and swings. Trace is so content to sit in his sit and watch me work and Rory play. At this moment, he is sitting in his seat, sucking on his pacifier and fighting sleep. He's happy as a clam!

I am thankful for the book "Good Night Moon." Rory is so in love with it, she bubbles over with excitement at bed time! Once her jammies are on and her teeth are brushed, she heads right to her room and waits beside the rocking chair for me tp come and read to her. When we get to the page about the "quiet old lady who's whispering hush," she puts her finger to my lips and says hush mama hush! It's such a special moment in our day and I am so thankful!

I liked today. Ordinary things are things I need to be reminded to be thankful for. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Your post made my heart happy. A great way to start my morning!