Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gratitude Challenge: Days 1 and 2

This is so perfect for Thanksgiving! Kelly started this a day or so ago, then I noticed it popping up all over my blog feed. I need to join in and count my blessings, for sure.

21 Day Gratitude Challenge...I'm going to do my best to write up each day but let's just say I'm rather unpredictable in my blogging right now! haha I'll get each day done but maybe not in 21 days.

Day 1 is merely a commitment to do the challenge. Yep, I can do that.

Day 2: Use the Alphabet as a guide to list one thing you are thankful for per letter. Fun! Okay!

A: America I totally stole this from Kelly, but it's true. I'm extremely grateful for the country we live in. Even though I've never agreed completely with ANY politician, it's such a joy and PRIVILEGE to vote and choose our leaders. Even when the person I vote for "loses," I still spoke my mind. I go to the polls safely without worry. The worst I might encounter is someone outside asking me to answer a poll or some (really terribly) annoying commercials and phone calls. No fear, though, and that's invaluable. I spent some time in Russia in 10th grade and ever since then...I appreciate my country SO MUCH MORE!!

B: Books
Rory is addicted to reading. Absolutely 100% addicted. This is really funny to me because when she was a baby, she hated being read to. She'd scream and cry. I was so worried she'd never like to read books, but this is not the case! At the moment, she is sitting in the rocking chair in her room reading "Good Night Moon" to herself for the 100th time this morning. :) I also *love* to read anything I can get my hands on.
Second Runner Up: Ballet!

C: Chelsea
My sister and my best friend. God really broke the mold with her and I am so thankful! :)
Second Runner Up: Cousins! (Specifically Connor and Kaarina, for all their help with Rory and Trace! :))

D: Dad
I have the BEST dad in the world. He is so kind and caring. He's beyond smart and knows EVERYTHING. He cracks us up all the time and I know no matter what problem I am facing, he'll help me figure out a solution. He doesn't "fix" my problems but he guides, teaches and is my sounding wall when I have an idea.
Second Runner Up: DANCE!! OF COURSE!! :)

E: Effort
I am thankful for my students who put in 100% effort in class even when I'm not there and they have a sub. Kickline ROCKS!!

F: Family
I think this goes without saying. :)

G: Gilmore Girls
I watch one episode every night when I am feeding Trace. This show is my happy show.

H: Holidays
The Holidays make time go so fast and in this crazy, exhausting time of my life, I can use the days going faster. Makes it easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel...or my bed for longer than 4 hours at a time. :)

I: Intelligence
I am so thankful that God gave me a brain to use and expand every day. Intelligence is such a gift and we owe it to God to learn and teach as much as possible!

J: June
My favorite month because it always has the DANCE RECITAL!!

K: Kappa
Dear Old KKG. I wouldn't be the person I am today without Kappa. I am so thankful every day for those girls and those traditions. <3

L: Love
So much love flying around lately! Doesn't get much better than that.

M: Music
Music is always playing in this house! We love to get our groove on. :)

N: Newborns
I'm just saying...it's pretty nice to cuddle my little man. It's also exciting to look forward to NOT having a newborn anymore and moving on with our family. I hope that makes sense!

O: Olive Garden
Do I really need to explain this?!

P: Puppy
Millie isn't really a puppy anymore, she'll be 4 in the spring. But she's the closest thing I've got and I am so thankful for her. She's my tried and true companion. She always wants to be right beside me.

Q: Quick Meals
Hello I have an 18 month old and an 11 day old.

R: Rory!
My first and only daughter. She is mini-me, for sure and I love her more every day.

S: Studio K
My kids are the best! Every day at my job is different and exciting. God is good and blessing me! If there's one thing I've learned from owning the studio, it's that taking the high road isn't easy, but it pays off 10 fold. Keep your mouth SHUT and you can't be misquoted.

T: Trace!
11 days of awesome. :)

U: Umbrellas
Well of course on days like today!

V: Visa
My Visa debit card makes me life so much easier. Ordering things online is like a dream instead of dragging Rory around to the store all the time. Trace could care less, but Rory is kind of a budge in stores sometimes. :) V was difficult!!

W: Walking
I LOVE to walk. Next week it's supposed to be in the 60's a few days and I can't wait to get the kids out for a nice long walk.

X: X-rays
Dancer + Foot Injuries = <3 of X-rays

Y: Yellow
My favorite color!

Z: Zoo
We had the nicest day with Rory at the Zoo right before Trace was born. I'll never ever forget that day. :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Great list Kate! It's fun that I've read at least six of these so far and they are all sooo different and making me think of so many more things to be thankful for!