Friday, November 12, 2010



Oh, Mama M, how I love 5QF!! And don't forget! She's hosting a Holiday Gift Blog Hop every Monday. This Monday coming up is themed "Mature Man Gifts." I am very much looking forward to this, hoping to steal some ideas for Dad and Dave. :)

On with the show!

1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
That's a really tough question. I've had 2 c-sections in 18 months. My second pregnancy was entirely painful, mostly due to the fact that my body hadn't healed enough from Rory to carry Trace well. Pregnancy isn't easy for me in the first place and I compounded the interest, so to speak, and ended up a hobbling mess of a woman. (haha) But aside from child bearing/birth...

Definitely when I sliced my hand WIDE open on a window. I was trying to close a window in my parents' house and it was stuck. I was determined to do it myself for some reason (I was 19!) and stood on a stool to try and press it down. Well it came down. Hard. It shattered the top pane of glass and I flew backwards off the stool, swiping my hand through the shards on the way down. I almost lost my pinkie! That pinkie still gets really sore in the cold weather and I have to force it straight some days. My entire arm bruised as a result of it! 15 internal stitches and 10 external later, I survived. And learned a lesson: Wait for Dad to help! haha

2. How much sleep do you get at night?
Uhh...ask me again in 4 weeks. Trace isn't evevn 3 weeks old for goodness sakes. Last night it was two sets of 2.5 hours and one set of 3.5. Which is PLENTY of sleep, except that I sleep so fitfully because I'm worried about Trace that it doesn't do me much good. But I will survive! BABYWISE.

3. Question 3 has been removed because I won't answer it. If you are curious, head over to Mama M and check her answer out. I will just tell you that I believe 100% and always will. So will my children!

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Toy Story 3. We don't get out a whole lot in this household. (haha) We will go to see Harry Potter (!!!! I just geeked out !!!!!) over Thanksgiving, though, and I'm sure we'll take Rory to see Tangled eventually.

5. What do you wear to bed?
In the summer or when I am too hot, I always wear these awesome comfy black maternity shorts (it's okay, it's just bed time!) and a t-shirt or tank top. In the winter, I wear pajama pants and a long sleeved t-shirt. Sometimes I wear a t-shirt and a hoodie. I also *love* to sleep with socks on but usually kick them off at night.

Join in!!

2 comments:

Neely said...

You need some sleep Kate!

Kelly said...

I can't wait for "Harry Potter" too!! I'm going with a friend and her daughter next Saturday, it's going to be great!! :-D Love your answer to #3, made ms smile :-)