Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 8 and 9

30 Day Blog Challenge: Days 8 and 9!

Again, I'm behind. :( I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short lately, as my Grammie Bonnie would have said if she was still here with us. She was an awesome woman. :)

Let's get this show on the road! Rory is still mysteriously asleep so I should really take advantage of it! :)

Day 8: Somewhere You've Traveled

I am very blessed in the travel department. VERY Blessed, and I know it. I am thankful for it too, let me just tell you! My parents headed up a Christian Ministry from when I was in 5th grade through graduation of high school. We traveled the country and the lower bits of Canada with my mom's one woman musical called "Mary." Every weekend we would pack up the van on Friday and Saturday nights and visit churches, some big and some small, and present her beautiful piece of work. In the summers, we would take longer trips, a week or two (one time 6 weeks long!) and drive across the country. It was hard, sometimes boring, always interesting and the best bonding experience you can imagine.

This being said, I've been to 47 of the 50 states. I am missing only Hawaii, Alaska and North Dakota. I also spent a month in Russia in 10th grade as part of an American-Russian Student Exchange. Now THAT was eye opening!

My favorite place though?


This is my happy place. Disney holds some of my best memories from the last 25 years. My parents took us to WDW tons of times growing up, my brother worked there for a few years and this February I took Dave for this first trip. We're going back in March for a day or two and next Spring, my competitive dance team will be PERFORMING in the MAGIC KINGDOM!! :)


Day 9: A Picture of Your Friends

This is a weird question for me. I'm in a strange place in my life. Most of the girls I was friends with in high school are not at the same point in their life. I'm married and have been for 4 years, I have (basically) 2 kids and own a business. That's a whole lot of responsibility for a 25 year old. (Please don't read this as being negative towards my HS friends, it's not at all!! I'm just explaining the situation.) I'm not able to go out on the weekends, I don't like that scene anymore. So that has kind of put a rift in between our friendships because they don't want to sit around and watching Rory chew on a board book and play with the dog and I don't feel up to the bar scene anymore. :) I really don't have a lot of "in the moment" friends. I have several friends that I know, no matter what or when in our lives, we'll always be there for each other, but as far as friends right here right now? Not that many! But that will change as the kids get older and I get older.


She's my best friend and I love her more than life itself. With her, her dad and the little one appearing on Monday...I'm good. :)

I'm also pretty partial to my family. My sister and I talk every day (a lot hehe). My mom still "takes care" of me, bringing me snacks and drinks to the studio every day because she worries about me. :) I see my cousins Con and Kaari at least 5 days a week and my Aunt Barb almost as much. My extended family is beyond supportive, always there if I need to talk or pray about something.
(For some reason I don't have a nice family picture on my computer?! Sorry!)

I've also got some awesome sorority sisters scattered across the country. Kappa Kappa Gamma gave me some of my best memories ever. I love my sisters and I wish I Could see them more!

I've got a couple friends from high school that I still consider to be the best. You know who you are and I love youuuuuuuuuuuu!



I need pictures of people other than Rory on my computer, I think. :)

Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Aw, what a great post! I love the name Rory and she's beautiful.

Congrats on your new addition!

Neely said...

What a sweet sweet post Kate!

Kelly said...

Wow, that is so cool that you've been to almost EVERY state in the country! And Russia? That would have been awesome!

Isn't it just great to have such a supportive and loving family?