Friday, October 1, 2010

Can I brag for a second?

Okay I'm not one to usually "brag" about my work or "toot my own horn," if you will. But this isn't really about me, it's about my students.

In May, we traveled to our second competition of the year. Our first one...was awful. The kids were completely broken down after it. Our second one though...was AWESOME. Much better environment for my kids. They flourished! They were bringing home trophies like there was no tomorrow.

I always say that once I can teach them the dance, I can schedule practice and give them corrections, but I can NOT actually do the dance for them. Therefore! When we won the Overall Excellence award for highest total score for the weekend (Regardless of size of studio and number of dancers and performances, mind you)...sure I got to accept the plaque but it's not mine! It's 100% theirs!

Teacher of the Month!
YAY! I love my job and I love my students. As tired and worn out as I get, my kids keep me going. So proud!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Aw, yay! That is awesome! Congrats to you & your dancers! :)