Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 4 and 5: Parents and Siblings

Day 4 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge...late again. :) Today's topics: Parents

I know you think your parents are the best, but let me just tell you. Mine are! Mine win! My dad, who just turned 60 on Tuesday, is a strong, caring, hilarious man. My mom is one of the kindest souls you will ever meet. My parents draw people in and make them feel comfortable. They are also super talented and dedicated to our church. When we were growing up, I would never have called them strict. BUT! They set plenty of rules and expected us to follow them. For the most part, we did.(Perhaps myself more than Chelsea?! haha Kidding!) The rules were always reasonable and based on the situation, not just blanket expectations. I really respected that philosophy from my parents. (Thankfully Dave's parents had a similar view, so for parenting Rory and Trace we start on the same page! :))

My parents are, in short, people I really look up to and aspire to be like. I hope I can be as wonderful to Rory and Trace as they are to me. :)


Day 5: Siblings

Before I begin, I have 2 half brothers from my dad's first marriage. Growing up, things were fine. Now they have very little to do with my family. It's a lose-lose situation that I will not talk about. Thank you.

MOVING ON!

This is my sister, Chelsea. She's fantastic! She cracks me up and is probably the funniest person I've ever met. Chelsea is Rory's Godmother, that's where this picture comes from.
We got along pretty well our entire lives, sans the times she tried to beat me up. (haha) My parents used to tell me that when Chelsea would start hitting me or whatever, I should just call for them and they would come take care of it. Once, We were playing in the family room and Chels got mad at me for something and started hitting me. I yelled for my mom and by the time she got in there, Chelsea was hanging off my leg smacking and kicking me and I was crying. hahahaha Good plan, Mom! :)
Once she started high school (my senior year) we really became friends, though. It was really fun to share that last year of high school with her, plus my friends thought/think she's hilarious. Win win situation. :)



That's all I've got for now. I have a baby with stomach pains today and she needs her Mommy to lay in the recliner with her and watch a movie. Tough life we have today. :)

No comments: