Monday, March 19, 2012

Things to be Thankful for.

As most of you know, my sweet Uncle David passed away last Monday. He was an amazing. I always knew he was incredibly smart, kind and a gifted teacher but I have no idea the impact he had on his community and students! (We live 5 hours away.) He was a high school chemistry teacher for 40 years, very involved in his church and community theater and was a professor at several colleges, including Ithaca College.  Over 1000 people showed up to his visitation/wake and several hundred for his actual funeral service. A tribute much deserved by my Uncle!

Between that sad situation and the ENTIRE FAMILY getting the flu (myself, Trace, Rory and Dave in that order)...it's been quite a week. I ended up in the ER again while we were out of town for the funeral for dehydration. Trace kept my mom up all night while I was in the ER sick and then proceeded to get sick on our 5 hour car ride home. Rory threw up in the middle of the night Sunday night, got scared and didn't call for me so I had no idea until this morning. Of COURSE Dave was out of town golfing so I got to deal with that all by myself. Thank goodness my parents rock and live 2 minutes away. Now Dave is home and bam. He's sick in bed. My dad got sent to a frack site out of town today with no return date. :(

It's kind of been a really sucky 10 days. Really sucky. In effort to not throw myself a giant pity party, I am going to list some things I am thankful for.

1. Zofran. It really should be available over the counter. This miracle drug is the only thing that stops me from throwing up once I start. My current gastrointestinal issues deserve their own post. I just want to get the flu and kick it like a normal person in a day or 2! UGH.

2. Gatorade/Pedialyte/Popsicles. Enough said.

3. Kids Place Live on SiriusXM and DVD players in cars. I'm not sure we would have survived that trip home from Binghamtom without these two little necessities.

4. Coldstone Creamery Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer. Don't question me, just buy it. Amazing.

5. Mochadoodle Scentsy Bricks. Mmmm.

6. The sound of birds chirping outside my window in the morning and peepers at night.

7. Early spring weather!

8. Fantastic deals on summer clothes for the kids. Thanks Old Navy!

9. The fact that we will be in Florida in 94 days. My happy place.

10. Dance Moms on my DVR. I know, Abby treats those kids like poo. But. Those girls are so awesome and it makes me excited to try new things and push my students...in a nice way. ;)

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sending you positive thoughts during such a "sucky" time...
Where are you going to be in Florida--we live here! :) I can't stop watching Dance Moms either. It's a guilty pleasure lol I just adore Chloe... I don't understand how the kids are so sweet and respectful when their mothers are screaming obscenities!

I am thankful...
...my daughter sleeps until 8:30 every morning.
...for my memory gel foam mattress.
...for date night with my hubby this weekend.
...for The Fresh Beat Band, so I can get stuff done around the house ;)