Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games.

I'm pretttttty sure that there will be a lot of these posts floating around today, but I don't care. All images from Pinterest.

I'm obsessed with Katniss.





I mean OBSESSED.  She is without a doubt in my top 3 favorite female literary character of all time. (Curious? Jo March and Posy Fossil round out the top 3. Hermione is up there too...okay this deserves a post of it own.) Katniss is strong, loyal, independent, curious, rebellious, intelligent. She's has many wonderful characteristics but Katnss is also tragically flawed, as all good heroes are. She's tortured. She takes on too much, she's confused. Suzanne Collins wrote Katniss so realistically, so truly human.

She is real.

I'm almost done with Mockingjay. I've plowed through these books in 4 days. I'm already ready to see the movie again. And again. I'm not sure how I'll wait until October 2013 for Catching Fire the movie. Jennifer Lawrence brings Katniss to the screen so perfectly.

And, FYI, I'm totally Team Peeta. Katniss has to be with Peeta. He understands her, he has been in the arena.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I am totally Team Peeta as well! He was SO adorable in the movie!

Meg O. said...

I love Katniss, too. I can't wait to see the movie!