Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Truthful Tuesdays

alt="Confessions from a Working Mom" />

Elizabeth at Confessions From a Working Mom is the host for this carnival and it's one of my faves!

This week's question...How did you tell your DH/Family that you were pregnant?

This is a fun one for me! I found out I was pregnant with Rory on a Monday. (The first Monday of the dance year 2008, that's why I remember! :)) I called Dave immediately and told him. We were trying to conceive, so it wasn't a surprise to him. He claims "he knew." (RIGHT.) But we did manage to surprise my sister and my family. That upcoming Saturday was my sister's birthday party, so I made her a special card. It said "Chels, you've been the best sister for the last 21 years and I'm sure in May you'll be the best AUNT ever!" She read it aloud and it was hilarious to watch everyone's reactions. My parents got misty eyed, of course, my sister's boyfriend at the time clapped (HAHA!) it was awesome. :) Then 36 weeks and 3 days later, Rory Beth-Ann entered this world and life was forever changed for the better. :)

2 comments:

Taylor-Made Wife said...

What a fun way tell everyone!!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

That's a fun way to tell everyone!!! I loved reading your story, because our pregnancies overlapped... I can remember that time so clearly!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom