Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Talking about...nothing.

I am completely out of ideas to make for dinner tonight. I want pasta, but I'm tired of spaghetti. I got chicken defrosted, but I want a new way to make it. I'd like something in my crock pot, but alas, it bit the dust. (Don't ask me, ask Dave! ha) I am whining aren't I? Ooooops. :)

Dave and I were talking about Rory the other day and we were discussing how she likes to crawl in to the kitchen. Stupid me said "she doesn't really do that much when I'm home, she usually plays by the fireplace." Want to guess where I've pulled her out of 4 times already this morning? Yep. It isn't that bad, because we can close off the kitchen area easily. (Our house is small and there's like a circle...hard to explain.) But the dog's water is in the kitchen so I feel bad. Catch 22, so to speak.

I am totally ready to be done with Rory pooping 4 times a day. We tried a few new foods the last few weeks and some have been fine, others...not so much. She ate baby mac-n-cheese the last 2 days and Niagara Falls of Poop was here! Gross. It was so bad when I got her up this morning, it was on her arms, hands, up to her hair, down to her knees...through a diaper, onesie and pajamas. And then she did it again (but not nearly as bad) after breakfast. Yuck. No more cheese for that girl.

Rory has so many toys it's ridiculous. Books, stuffed animals, plastic things, things that sing, things to push, bouncers, you name it, we have some form of it. Her favorite? DVD cases and a laminated PhotoPass Card from Disney World. Cheap baby. Love it.

I want extensions in my hair. I don't do well with midlength hair. It's too short and when I try to grow it, once it hits my shoulders, it gets a weird bump in it. Not really a wave, just a bump. Extensions would solve that. Unfortunately there's no time or money for THAT, plus I live in the forest soooo...yeah. No luck there.

I am ready for a nap. Rory is not. This is a problem. :)

Oh! Gotta go. Time to sing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Theme Song with Rory. MEEESKA! MOOOSKA! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Here is a good pasta recipe that is great with some grilled chicken added to it.

3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
2 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini, cut into thin strips
2 yellow squash, cut into thin strips
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and black pepper , Garlic salt
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
1 pound farfelle (i used WW penne)
15 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl toss all of the vegetables with the oil and Itailian seasoning to coat. Transfer vegetable mixture to another large baking sheet and arrange evenly over the baking sheets. Sprinkly garlic salt and pepper evenly over veggies. Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.

Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixtures in a large bowl to combine. Toss with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the Parmesan (I stirred it with the Parmesan) and serve immediately.

I got this from a friend and obviously it is a recipe to feed more than two haha. I'm sure you can work with it though.