Friday, August 19, 2011

True Life: I'm a Mommy Blogger



First by the time you read this, my blog may have it's new look up and ready to go! Jenn over at Munchkinland Designs did it for me and it is exactly what I had in mind. She is fantastic! I'm no longer 567Kate, this blog is now "Dancing in the Minefields." A post is coming next week explaining that change. :)

Now...
Okay, yes. I am on hiatus. But I had to link up with Fabulous but Evil and Mrs. Monologues today for True Life! I never intended this blog to be a Mommy blog, but whoa baby. There are definite times when it is. I have two kids so...it is what it is. :)
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif


I have two beautiful kiddos:http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

Trace is 10 months old and the sweetest baby. He has pretty severe acid reflux, but as long as we are careful with his food and keep him on his Zantac regimen, it's pretty controlled.



Some of my favorite Trace posts...

Trace's birth story
Trace is frustrating.
Trace is sick. (First acid reflux post)
Trace is http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifsix mhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifonths old!

Rory is almost 2 and a half and she is a spit fire. She's full of personality and always energetic and excited. She loves to dance and sing and makes me infinitely happy. (And she is named after Gilmore Girls! :))http://www.blogger.com/img/blahttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifnk.gif


Some fave Rory posts...

Rory's birth story. (On her 2nd birthday!)
Rory's rambles.
Rory meets Princess Tiana.


Misc. Mommy posts:
Rockin' the Bump!
Rockin' the Baby!
Mom Guilt sucks.


I should tell you a little bit about my parenting style...
Both my kids were c-section. Trace was scheduled, Rory was not.
I vaccinate.
Both kids are formula fed babies. I am naturally unable to breast feed. I'm pretty sensitive about it and I get so angry when people rip on formula feeding.
I use disposable diapers.
I am a stay at home full time working mom. I own a dance studio and my kids go with me.
I used Babywise to sleep train both my kids. It worked wonders for us, but I understand it doesn't work for everyone.
We go to church every Saturday night or Sunday morning. We are Methodist by affiliation, Christian by choice.
I will never judge your decisions or speak poorly of your choices, unless I think you are straight up maliciously harming your child. ;) Please respect our decisions as well. Healthy discussion is fine, but being rude is unacceptable around these parts!

That's us in the nutshell! We're one big crazy mess most of the time but we laugh a lot, love a lot and are thankful every day for the blessings we've been given. Dave and I know that our children are a gift and we don't take them for granted for one second! :)

P.S. I usually 4-5 times a week, but am on a little break right now getting ready for dance to start again!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Gilmore Girls!! Lorelei makes me not feel so bad about being a smart ass to my kids on occasion! Lol! I look forward to reading more. Nice to meet ya new friend!

Erin said...

I keep fighting my husband to put "Lorelai" on our list of acceptable possible girl names. I am OBSESSED with Gilmore Girls...I watch the whole series and then START OVER AGAIN. No lie!

So excited to see your posts on baby reflux - I literally JUST got a Facebook message from a girlfriend who is afraid her 1-month-old might have it.

I'm sensitive about our breastfeeding/formula situation,too, so I totally understand...I hope we can be friends even tho I *gasp* don't vax ;)

Sasha said...

I think I've already said this before, but your kids are darling!
And I love the new look! Way cute!

Ashley said...

it looks awesome!! I want a new one. WHen you have kids, blogs become mommy blogs, i think. Um- you should have seen what I wrote about pre baby! ahhaha

Unknown said...

your kids are so adorable!! i can't wait to read more! :)

Meghan said...

The blog looks great! I cannot wait to hear all about the change in name!

Amber said...

Sweet babies! :) LOVE the new blog design, so pretty!

Amber said...

My niece is name Lorelai, after the Gilmore Girls :)
Love the new look and name!!! Hope you are having a great weekend!

RAY J said...

Love the Gilmore Girls name and cute kids!