Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Rory!

Today is an amazing day. Rory Beth-Ann turns TWO!

TWO!

Wow. I am a little emotional about that. In a good way!

To celebrate the birth of my one and only daughter, I will share some pictures, highlights and memories of the last 720 days.

Rory was born at 6:50 pm on Wednesday, May 6, 2010. She was born via C-section after 18 hours of intense labor. My contractions started at midnight (on the dot!) and progressed to every 3 minutes apart within a half an hour. Unfortunately, they did nothing and I never dilated past 6 cm. FUN, huh!? :)


Minutes old! 9 lbs, 10 oz, 20.5 inches long.



Sweet Baby Girl!



First family picture. :)



3 months old!



At her Baptism.



First hair cut! 6 months old...goodbye mullet!



First Christmas. She already thinks I'm nuts. :)



Trip to the zoo for "Big Sister Day." This was the day before Trace was born.


The last two years have been filled with ups, downs and in betweens. I have learned so much about myself and about the things that are really important in life. I am a better person because of Rory. (And Trace!) Having a child changes your life in every way imaginable and you become the best version of yourself. I am so blessed.

5 comments:

Lacey said...

She's so adorable!!! We did a Big Brother day for our oldest the day before we had our second too. I guess that's the benefit of the scheduled c-section - you actually to schedule that special time with your first, while they are still your one and only.

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! She is so adorable!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Rory! Hope today and every day is filled with much love and happiness :)

Kimberly said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your adorable little girl!

Laura said...

Happy birthday Rory!!