Monday, February 7, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday...

Why won't my kids stop crying this morning? Any guesses? It's just one of those days for both of them, of course.

And why is the only thing Rory wants to do is watch Despicable Me? I can't stand that movie for some reason. It grates on my nerves. I love Steve Carell, so I assumed I would think it was a cute movie. Definitely not. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, on the other hand, now THAT'S what I'm talking about! :)

This whole day started off gross. Trace woke me up by SCREAMING at 6:00 am. He did fall back asleep until 7:30, so that's not that bad. But it certainly isn't a "pleasant" way to wake up! haha It's grey and gross outside and I am just in general feeling off today. I'm antsy and ready to crawl out of my skin. I hate feeling like this, almost short of breath I'm so edgy and antsy. Yuck. I'm ready for nap time for these kids. I need a cup of coffee, a shower and some serious Kindle time.

****
On a totally different subject...The Steelers lost last night. Actually, I'm not quite convinced they even showed up to play at all. It was brutal and nasty and the boys just looked awful. The Packers looked so sharp and impressive. It was just not a good game. I'll readily admit that.
I'm all for friendly teasing and poking at each other's sports teams, especially on Facebook. It's usually done tongue in cheek, with a different air of humor.
Last night, it seemed people went from teasing Steelers fans to being down right NASTY. It got so mean I ended up blocking 15 people from my news feed. I couldn't stand the downright mean way people (Steelers fans included, in a 2 cases) were talking to each other. It's JUST sports. None of us actually played in the game for either team. I love football and I love the excitement that goes with it, but I'm not about the nastiness. Get over it, people. SERIOUSLY.



Wow. I'm whiny and crabby today. My apologies!

1 comment:

Neely said...

I was cheering on the steelers :(