Monday, November 7, 2011

Running.

I have started running.

I'll give you a minute to let that soak in.

Yes, me. I've started running with the Couch to 5k program. I did my first workout on Sunday, did yoga yesterday and will do my second workout tonight on my mom's treadmill.

Here's the biggest shocker. I LIKED IT. Now, keep in mind I was running 60 seconds, walking briskly 90 seconds for 20 minutes. Not a whole lot of actual running but still. I liked it. I liked the feeling of moving quickly, my feet hitting the pavement rapidly and pushing the running stroller. I just...enjoyed it. My ultimate goal at this point is to run a 5k this spring. If you knew me in real life, you'd know how huge this is for me. Typically, I hate running. But I've made it a goal to learn to enjoy the one type of exercise you can do ANYWHERE. Vacation, home, anywhere. You can run. I want to go on runs at Disney World this June in the morning before everyone else wakes up. I just want to be a runner.

And that my friends is 90% of my battle.

Here goes nothing...

6 comments:

Miranda said...

good luck! I am trying to starting running as well...it's hard!

Meghan said...

You can do this! I am so happy and excited for you!!!

LWLH said...

I see so many girls running.
Makes me want to try it.

Jess said...

I'm trying to built up to a 5K as well, but with my back, it's REALLY hard to get in the zone where it's a good workout but not painful. Good luck!

lori said...

i am SO not a runner, but i am thinking i really WANT to be as well... ive been wanting to do the couch to 5k as well... did you get an iphone app or what?

Heather said...

Kate! I never thought I'd hear you say you liked running! ;) I'm so grateful you posted the link for your blog on facebook. I wonder how you're doing all the time, I love you and miss you! Its great to see your beautiful kids and your posts have made me legit cry. I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, and you've given me the motivation to do it :)