Tuesday, November 29, 2011

FabHoliBlogChall #2

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


Today's topic...Favorite Holiday Tradition!

I have lots of holiday traditions. When I was growing up, we always did stockings first, on my mom and dad's bed. Chelsea (my younger sister) and I would unwrap all of our gifts and determine which were put in by Mrs. Claus. I mean obviously, she was in charge of the glittery makeup and Love's Babysoft. ;) Our stockings were always filled with toiletries and of course a new box of 64 crayons with a SHARPENER. Awesome.

Growing up, we also opened our gifts from my aunt and uncle that live in town on Christmas Eve. It was a nice little treat to get a present "so early!"

My favorite tradition now though is just Dave and myself. We wake up early on Christmas morning and spend timing opening gifts, laughing and enjoying each other's company before the craziness begins. I drink coffee, he drinks orange juice and we spend time just with each other. I can't believe this is the 7th Christmas we've spent together and that our 5th wedding anniversary is only a few months away. I really hit the jackpot with Dave. :)

5 comments:

Mia Maree said...

oh I love the alone time with the hubby tradition :-)

Katie said...

Those are such sweet memories- and I LOVE that your new tradition is to sit back, relax and take it all in! That is always my goal for the holidays- have time to relax and ENJOY IT! Thanks so much for sharing!

Erin said...

My husband is a pharmacist at the hospital so he has worked every Christmas we've been together. He figures that he should since we don't have kids yet. I hope we will be able to create traditions like you and your husband have together as soon as he has Christmas off :)

LWLH said...

Sitting back and relaxing would be my goal for the holidays though we're hosting this year so I'm not sure if that's possible.

Heather said...

:) hehe. love this kate. LOVE!