This one is new for me! Join in! Ten on Tuesday found here.
1. How did your parents decide on your name?
I am named after Katerina in the Taming of the Shrew. Well, technically Kate from Kiss Me, Kate, but it's based on the Taming of the Shrew so a little of both. My middle name is from Rebecca of sUnnybrook Farms, my Grammie Bonnie's favorite book.
2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
KRU...Crew? haha Before I was married, it was KRL and I always read it as Curl.
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I have both, actually. My casual name is Kate Rebecca Undercoffer, but my formal/business name is Kate Rebecca Lenaway Undercoffer. Changing your last name and owning a business is nasty and hard work. It's much much much easier to keep the maiden name in there somewhere.
4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
We didn't! For a while, if Trace was a girl, his name was going to be Ren. That would have given us two little R girls. But that didn't happen and we changed our girl choice to Kherington anyways. So. No. haha
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I wanted a little girl named Jordan Christine and Kylee Grace when I was in high school, after 3 of my favorite students. :)
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Rory's middle names are her grandma's names. That's about it. Well, Trace has my dad's middle name as his. Trace Joseph...after my dad and Joe Paterno.
No, I'm not kidding. WE ARE PENN STATE.
7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
A little of both, but ended up going with names that we just liked. Rory means Red King for pete's sake. haha
8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
Human names! Millie is named after Millie Dillmount in Thoroughly Modern Millie, my favorite musical.
9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
HA YES. I won't name them here but there are some names I would never ever ever used because of people I know. One is springing to the front of my mind and I am laughing right out loud. hahahaha
10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
Other than Rory and Trace, of course. ;)
I love the name Kherington, Kenzie and Ren for girls. I think they are feminine but not expected. For boys, I love the name Parker but Dave hated it. That was my first choice for Trace. Dave actually suggested Trace and it's perfect for our little man. :)