Thursday, November 5, 2015

567kate21df: Day1...The one where I thought I was dying.

Welcome to my 21 Day Fix Daily Recaps...because everyone needs more laughter in their life!

So. The 21 Day Fix.

My genius, little, tiny brain decided starting a few days after Halloween was PERFECT because I could "detox" off the miniscule amount of Halloween candy I would eat and finish up in time for Thanksgiving. Win win, right?

HAHAHA. OMG.

If you are unfamiliar with the 21 Day Fix, it's a portion control teaching system that forces kindly suggests you eat clean for 21 days. It comes with 30 minute workouts, a different one for each day of the week, to get you up and moving. It's a great way to make sure your eating is on track without being totally ridiculous in restrictions/rules.

To prepare, I did all sorts of planning and prepping. Because my life is insane, ya'll.

For those of you just stumbling your way to 567Kate, let me introduce myself...my name is Kate Undercoffer. First of all, I'm a Christian. Jesus is my main man, for real. I can't even begin to accomplish everything I do without His grace and mercies. Secondly, I'm Dave's wife and Rory and Trace's mama. R is 6 and in first grade, T is 5 and in pre-k. Rory is a dancer (sometimes) and a drama queen always. Trace is a future Penn State kicker (For real) and the funniest little man. Dave is a golf obsessed, Penn State loving, hard working man who hates to snuggle just like me. (This is why we work...no touching while we sleep. Gross.)

I own a dance studio in real life and I do love what I do. I'm really blessed to get to do what I think is so important and enjoy every day: invest in the lives of children. There is no one more worthy of our time and energy than our children. They are our future! They deserve all that we can pour in to them. (Another post for another time, perhaps)

I am also a Beachbody coach.

Say what?

Yes, I am a Beachbody coach. I am not perfect, my body is far from perfect (haha 2 C-sections in 17 months and a love for Chicken McNuggets haha) and I am still working on my fitness, yo. But I am a coach because I am DOING this thing. Every morning I am waking up, making the choice to make today a good day. I'm eating 75% healthy, 25% indulgences. I'm getting my butt off the couch at least 30 minutes a day and sweating. I'm drinking my Shakeology and reaping the benefits (sleep is glorious!) I'm drinking 100 oz of water a day. I'm posting my entire progress on the internet for people to see.

That's scary, you guys. And I don't care. There will be haters. People will look at my mom body and say why in the world is this crazy lady giving me fitness advice?

But what you don't know, until you dig deeper, is how far I've come. I've lost over 40 lbs so far and I've got even further to go. And I'm happy to have people come along with me. If I inspire one person to get off the couch, then it's all worth it!

So. Now that we are friends...grab a glass of lemon water and let's chat about how Day 1 of the 21 Day Fix went.

Workout: Total Body Cardio Fix
Review: I liked this one! It was challenging but not "un-doable" I hated the up down knee things with weights. (Technical name, I'm sure) But I get how good it was for me. I loved the format of the workout...1 minute on, 20 seconds off. You can push through 60 seconds of just about anything. It was tough but I can feel it will be easier every time. I'll definitely be using this one even after my fix is over.
Rate: I give myself a 4 out of 5.

Food:
Brkst: Shakeology and an apple
Snack 1: 2 Cutie Oranges
Lunch: HUGE Salad!
Snack 2: Celery sticks and 2 tsp of natural PB
Dinner: Brown rice, peas, baked garlic and herb chicken
Review: All delish! It was a TON of food. Paired with all the water I was drinking, I felt full all day. Almost too full. I'm going to try shifting more of the volume of my food in to the mornings, I think. I don't get hungry during my classes in the evening so having to "choke down" all that food doesn't work too good. Maybe switch breakfast to a "cooked meal" and make my dinner my Shakeology? Hmmm....
Rate: I give myself a 4/5. I didn't eat anything off my plan but my stomach...yuck.


Overall:
Day 1 was rough. Not because of the food or the workout, but because of my crazy, insane stress level right now. My work is out of control bonkers right now. This probably was not the smartest time to start a big change in my eating but that's okay. I'll push through. Last night, my bedtime snack was a migraine pill, a Zofran for nausea, a small glass of diet Sprite (not 21DF approved but necessary for my stomach) and a bunch of essential oils. I crashed hard and slept better than I anticipated. Limiting myself to 1 cup of coffee and having NO refined sugar all day (just a little stevia in my coffee!) definitely contributed to my headache (detox blows) but my sleep was a lot better because of it...I pushed through and survived. And I didn't wind up with my hand in the kids' Halloween candy. SO THAT is a win in my book!

1 comment:

I said...

Thanks for inspiring me to find my 21 day fix cds and start making daily shakes. Good luck with the move. I don't know what all is stressing you out at this point, but from Georgia, it looks like you have a handle on everything!