Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oh Gaga.

It's no secret, especially to my dancers. I'm obsessed with Lady Gaga. It's kind of a problem. It all started when a friend of mine suggested I listen to the song "Just Dance" in 2007. Love at first listen. Gaga can SING, for real. I put it in the dance recital and it's been a love affair at the studio ever since. This year our theme is books and my advanced hip hop class is doing a mix of Lady Gaga songs I made called the Little Monsters Mix. Appropriately, this corresponds to the book Frankenstein. (Of course! :))

Last night the Theatricality episode of Glee was on TV. (Another problem...Dave and I *love* us some serious Glee.) I watched it before I fell asleep and I'm watching it again right now. And I think I found the root of my problem.

I want to live in a world where everyone dresses in costume and full makeup 24/7. I want to walk in to the grocery store and everyone breaks in to song about bread and eggs with a chorus about apples and oranges. This is where my Gaga obsession is rooted! She lives that life. She's always dressed up like something awesome. I am (quite healthily) jealous of that ability. What a life to be able to wake up in the morning and reinvent yourself daily. Clearly, Lady G isn't living her "real life" out in the public, she's portraying a character, a specific type of celebrity. She's doing it up right, I must say, and I am JEALOUS!! :)

Anyways. Happy Wednesday! Half way through the week, thank goodness. I'm wiped out and ready for some rest. Ra ra ra ah ah...roma ro ma ma...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my husband and i are obsessed with GLEE! We have the first season on DVD and I watched both reruns last night ;)