Sunday, September 26, 2010

Marriage Meme!

I totally stole this from Melissa. Her blog is super cute! Check her out. :)

Anyways, I'm not up for doing any more work tonight, so I am going to do this meme. :) Dave is working overtime and Rory is asleep. (Well...in her crib talking to herself. That's a whole other story though. Sleeping is a saga in our house right now!) But anyways! Here we go! I'm including some wedding pictures and things through out because I LOVED my dress and my hair and my husband looks pretty fantastic in a tux, if I do say so myself. (Laura will probably throw up in her mouth at that one! ;))

1. When is your "engagement" anniversary?
This is hard for me to remember. It was a Monday in July and I have the 8th in my head as the number, but I need to look it up right now...It was the 10th! July 10, 2006. I was close! I should get it engraved inside my engagement ring...hmmm...

2. When is your "marriage" anniversary?
This I do know! (haha) March 24, 2007



3. How long have you known your spouse?
We became friends in the summer of 2005...so over 5 years now.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
We started dating in December of 2005 and got engaged in July of 2006...7 months or so I guess.

5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
We met on Myspace! BAHAHAHAHA. I love it. It's not creepy though, my friend was dating his cousin, so we weren't like random strangers. I also thought he WAS his cousin's brother in his profile picture, so I added him without realizing I didn't know him.

6. What is your spouses full name?
David Gerard. But I call him Gravey and Grave, for no real reason.

7. Do you have any children?
Sure do! Rory was born on May 6, 2009 and Trace is due on October 25! (That's 29 days away, in case you were curious.)

8. How many? Boys/Girls
Oh. Uh. Oops.

Well 1 girl, 1 boy. And we are DONE.

9. Do you have any house pets?
Yep, a little black and white maltipoo named Millie. She's awesome, so loving and not aggressive at all. Perfect dog to have around kids.

10. Do you own a house or rent?
We own our little house, well have a mortgage on it. God willing, we'll keep paying it down down down and own it before Rory is done with school!

11. Do you live in the country/town/city?
Forest. Well a town in the forest. :)

12. What is one of your favorite activities to do together?
We *love* football and love to go to games together. High school, college, pro, doesn't matter, we just like the game. I hate going to Penn State games though, much to Dave's disappointment. I am claustrophobic and sitting THAT close to 110,000 other people makes me so uncomfortable. I'll tailgate though and go watch it at a friend's house. That's why STEELERS games are awesome, Heinz Field is way more spread out. ;)

13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
DISNEY!!! We're totally in a Disney phase right now, because of the kids we tell ourselves. :) Anywhere with Dave would be fun! We want to go on a cruise someday, take the kids to a Bahamian resort somewhere, Europe, Australia...the list is long and expensive. But we'll save until we get there! :)

14. When did you first kiss?
December of 2005.

15. What church do you attend?
First United Methodist here in town

16. Is this the church you were married in?
It was! Different Pastor now, though. :( (Pastor Bill is very nice, don't get me wrong!)


Us with our second of three kisses during the wedding. Pastor David is the best! :)

17. What town is current address at?
Small Town, USA.

18. Do you work or stay home?
Work from home in the morning with Rory, work at the studio in the evening.

19. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We went to Pawley's Island, South Carolina. Heaven!!


(P.S. I can't WAIT to be skinny like that again!)

20. What was the funniest gift one of you gave while dating?
Dave got me an extra copy of my favorite movie, Down With Love, because I thought mine was scratched...actually it was just my DVD player! haha :)

21. How long have you been together?
5 years. :)

22. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
6 or 7 months

23. Who asked who out?
He did, believe it or not!

24. How old are each of you?
I'm 25 and he's 26.

25. Where do each of you go to school?
We don't. He went to Penn State, though, and I went to Allegheny.

26. Which situation is hardest on you as a couple?
We struggle with his desire to golf every day in the summer. He tries really hard to balance but sometimes it really interferes with our marriage. We're working on it though. It was a lot better this season, though. Hopefully next season will be even better...
We have 2 other issues that come to mind but we are working on it every day. That's all any married couple can do. Pray about it and work on it.

27. Did you go to the same school?
Nope never.

28. Are you from the same town?
Nope!

29. Who is smarter?
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! hahaha Who knows, actually. We're both smart at different areas. I can't add, for example. :) Dave is incredibly mechanical and computer smart, I am business/history/English smart. We balance each other nicely.

30. Who is more sensitive?
Well clearly me, especially now.

31. Where do you eat out most as a couple?
In our little town? The pizza shop that delivers because Rory LOVES cheese pizza!
Out of town? Olive Garden?

32. Where is the farthest you two have traveled as a couple?
Disney. :)

33. Who has the craziest exes?
Oh that's an incredibly close tie. haha

34. Who has the worse temper?
David! Most definitely!!

35. Who does the cooking?
Me! Dave can make macaroni and cheese.

36. Who is more social?
I used to say it was me, but now I think it's Dave. He definitely has more friends than I do.

37. Who is the neat-freak?
ME. Holy cow, pick up your clothes, David.

38. Who is more stubborn?
DAVID GERARD!

39. Who hogs the bed?
Dave likes to sleep diagonally and stick his legs under mine when I curl up.

40. Who wakes up earlier?
Dave on the weekdays, me on the weekends.

41. Where was your first date?
My parents' house, of course. He could have been a total weirdy!

42. Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends?
He did.

43. Do you get flowers often?
Not as often as you would think someone who's husband's grandma owns a flower shop would! ;)

44. How do you spend the holidays?
Typically, we do my family at Thanksgiving, his for Christmas dinner and then for Easter we do whomever has more family coming in. We see both of our families very often, so it's never really a big deal.

45. Who is more jealous?
Neither of us, really. We're past all that nonsense.

46. How long did it take to get serious?
About 30 seconds.

47. Who eats more?
Dave!

48. Who does the laundry?
We do our own, because I like things a certain way and he has stinky work clothes.

49. Who is better with the computer?
Dave, definitely.

50. Leave a piece of advice for other couples.
It's absolutely okay to go to bed angry. Sometimes a good night of sleep helps you see things straighter in the morning. Just don't forget to talk things out when you're both calmed down. PRAY for each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute :) I love all the pictures! I just stole this from Melissa too and posted it this morning.
And your mention of Olive Garden has me wanting to eat there...and it is only 8am!!

Melissa said...

Glad you did this! I stole it too LOL. I love your pics!!! :)