Friday, December 9, 2011

You asked, I answer. #2

The adorable Brittan over at A Babbling Brunette asked me on my "Ask Anything" post last month where my love of Disney came from. Today, dear friends, I will tell you...

Here's the link to Brittan's blog! She's adorable.


Where does my love of Disney come from? I'm not really sure. I don't remember a time when I didn't love the movies, the parks, the television shows, the characters. My dad lived in Florida while in the Navy with his first wife and their sons. They went to Disney many times. After he moved home and married my mom, my parents honeymooned at Disney World during the opening of EPCOT. Once Chelsea and I were born, we saw every Disney movie in the theaters at least once. We were growing up in the wonderful Disney Renaissance. All the BEST movies came out. Beauty and the Beast. Aladdin. The Lion King. Pocahontas. (To name a few!)

At one point in my childhood, my parents owned a time share in Orlando which made a coupe trips SUPER easy. We've been to Disney World a LOT and Disneyland once. One year we camped in a pop camper at Fort Wilderness. It was so fun. My kind of camping is Disney camping. Sure we slept in a camper, but there was hot water, running water toilets, electrical outlets...easy. ;)

Disney has fostered in me a love of all things creative. I studied Walt Disney intensely in 8th grade, fascinated by his life and the process to become THE Walt Disney. He's an intriguing, complicated genius. I'm inspired by his work, his commitment to excellence and the way he ran his company. The legacy he left behind is just beyond words. I strive to handle my business in the same responsible, forward thinking manner!

Here's some Disney randoms...

Favorite Movie: Tough call. I love The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Alice in Wonderland and The Princess and the Frog.
Favorite Song: "Go the Distance" from Hercules
Favorite Hotel at WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter <3
Favorite Restaurant at WDW: Citrico's at the Grand Floridian
Favorite Ride: The Carousel of Progress. DO NOT HATE. :)
Favorite Disney Character: I'm a classic, I love Mickey! And Mary Poppins. And Alice in Wonderland.


I'll leave you with this quote, my mantra for the studio:

"Around here, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we are curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

5 comments:

Erin said...

I don't know if it's considered the same thing but when we went to Disney World we stayed at Dixie Landings. I absolutely LOVED it! That old southern charm just made my life! I hope we can go back someday!

Unknown said...

You have some interesting favorites! I like your quote :)

Meghan said...

I love Disney, too! I used to go to DW a ton growing up and I was always fascinated by all of the hotels and parks. I used to sit and watch the info channel in the hotel:)

A Babbling Brunette said...

Thanks for answering my question!! Disney is the best. I miss the classics!

Jessica said...

I love, love, LOVE Disney too! We just got back from there this weekend. It's nice to only live 90 minutes from there and have passes! Although I am amazed by your favorite ride!