Saturday, July 9, 2011

HEALTHY and Easy Baked Chicken Breasts

So last night I was looking for an easy, healthy way to cook up some chicken breasts. I need to spice up our chicken routine around here. I found this recipe and modified it a little bit. It was super good, super easy and HEALTHY! I mean come on. Triple threat chicken. :)

Ingredients:
Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Bread crumbs
Garlic powder
Parmesean cheese
Butter

Steps:
1. Trim up your chicken breasts. I take a lot of time trimming off fat. The more lean the better in my opinion! Rinse them and pat them dry.
2. In a small bowl, melt just enough butter to coat the chicken breasts lightly. I used Country Crock because it tastes great and has low cals.
3. In a second bowl, combine a handful of breadcrumbs, some garlic powder and a sprinkle of parm cheese. Go light here, folks. We're doing a light coating!
4. Dip chicken breast in butter then in bread crumb mixture. Light crust is the theme here!
5. Bake on a foil lined baking sheet at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cooking time will vary with thickness of meat. Check for done-ness before serving.

I served mine with a cup of green beans and a half a cup of mashed potatoes. I dipped it in a little bit of light sour cream mixed with dry ranch dressing mix. I made the dip for veggies. It would have been just as delish without dip, but I was in the mood for ranch and it had WAY less cals than ranch dressing. Plus I had a bunch of extra calories I didn't use up today so it's all good.

I'm trying a ton of new recipes this week, granted the Farmer's Market has all the veggies I need tomorrow! I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments: