Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter Doldrums

I live in Pennsylvania. Northern Pennsylvania. I've lived here my entire life. I know snow, how to drive in it, how to deal with it, how to dress the kids for it, everything about it. I actually like snow quite a bit. I welcome it, when it arrives in OCTOBER (no lie) and usually enjoy it until the end of January.

The February hits and I'm ready to scream. I'm so sick of grey skies! It's not really the snow or the cold. It's the bland greyness that everything has taken on in the last few days. The snow is no longer white, it's grey and muddy. The constant cloud cover bugs me. I need SUN, even if it's on a cold day. I'm ready for the sun to shine. I don't care if it stays below zero, just please break out Mr. Sun! Please!!

When the weather is like this, I have no desire to do anything. I just want to sit on the couch, eat brownies and drink coffee. I want to watch TV all day and not move. I want to nap and lounge in my pajamas. It's a really good thing I work outside of my house or I'd never shower or do anything productive. (Dave knows this is true!)

Snow, I love you. I don't mind you in the slightest (except when you force me to cancel classes!) Clouds, I'm SO sick of you! You can hit the road any day now.

Bring on the sun!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I hate the gray too... but other than that I love winter.

But today!! TODAY we have sunshine! And we should have it tomorrow too. Hopefully some of it makes it your way too!

Meghan said...

Ugh, I am feeling the same way! I am so tired of the cold and snow! Bring on the springtime and sunshine!