Friday, February 11, 2011

Mourning by Pre-Baby Body

My sister-in-law is getting married in a couple weeks in Florida. I am so excited, for lots of reasons. First, of course, I'm excited for Lisa and her fiancee. How wonderful to be just starting a life together. Second, I'm excited to get the heck out of the snow for a few days. Temperatures above freezing are much appreciated, so Florida will deliver on that promise. Third, we're staying on a few extra days and taking Ro and T to Disney for a day! I don't care if you think it's crazy, they won't remember it. It doesn't matter. It's a memory and I'm all about celebrating this moment of this life. It's the only one. I've seen life change too fast and drastically not to sieze the moment. Carpe Diem, Baby.

But! The problem is...nothing fits me right. Not one piece of clothing, sans hoodies and t-shirts, look right on my post-baby body. Some areas are inflated, other areas are lumpy. My calves and arms aren't too shabby and my face is almost back to it's pre-baby level of roundness. (I have a plate face, okay?!) But the rest? Like knees to collarbone? Leaves a lot to be desired. Yikes! I'm working on it, so I'm not feeling too bad about it. I'm doing the best I can but what I do feel bad about is...at this moment, all I can think about wearing are my Studio K sweatpants and a t-shirt from College. Ugh. Post-baby body blues, for sure.

I'm going shopping on Sunday to get the things everyone needs for the trip. I'm putting this out there for the universe right now: PLEASE be kind and put something for me to wear that is flattering out there. ;)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I seriously was super close to just wearing jeans for Lisa's wedding! I called her and asked if she would mind and she said no haha. I couldn't fine ANYTHING. But then I did and I think I will be ok but it was not a fun search. What makes it even harder right now is that there isn't much spring type clothing out yet. I might have to shop for shoes for my outfit when I get to Florida. Thankfully I am going a few days early.

Good luck! And if you can't find anything just show up in jeans. Lisa won't care.

Grace U. said...

Amen Kate. I am feeling the same way you are right now. I am working on losing the post baby weight as well. I have been exercising and doing the Special K diet. It doesn't seem to be working. My legs and arms are looking good. Even my butt is better, but my stomach is just not where I want it to be. I am about to go shopping for a outfit for Lisa's wedding. Here's to finding something great to wear.