Thursday, December 30, 2010

1 Year Blog Anniversary!

Today is my one year blog anniversary. That was by the far the quickest year of my life! When I started this little blog, I had one baby. Now I have a toddler and a newborn. Life is so rapid. I love it! I thought today in honor of my anniversary, I'd do a little getting to know me post, since I have really ever introduced myself. (oops...:)) Enjoy!

I took this little form from Aly at Analyze This. Thanks!!

Name: Kate. Just plain Kate. Not Katherine, Kathleen, Katelyn...just Kate. It's also NOT Katie.

Ahem. Sensitive subject.

Height: 5'5. A nice, average height. Unless you want to be a Rockette...ha!

Relationship Status: Married to Dave for almost four years. Time flies!!

Location: Pennsylvania

Occupation: I own my own dance studio. It's a blessing, stressful, creative, amazing.

College: Allegheny<3 When Trace is in Kindergarten, I plan to go back to school at a Pitt campus by my house for a degree in business.

Sorority: Kappa Kappa Gamma! I advise the chapter at Allegheny now and have advised the Penn State Kappas in the past. Next to opening the studio, marrying Dave and having the kiddos, rushing KKG was the best decision I've ever made!

Family: 2 parents, still married, a younger sister and 2 older half brothers. We don't talk about them, though.

Car: A green Cadillac SRX.

Lucky Number: 13

Music Preferences: HUGE showtunes fan. Ben Folds is my absolute FAVORITE. I love Christian music too, it helps me stay positive and focused. I like top 40, of course, but nothing really vulgar or about violence. I really like acoustic music, acapella, country...okay I like it all.


Favorite Quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt and "Now I'm changing the world one sequin at a time." -Lady Gaga

Random Things about me:

1.) My daughter is named after Gilmore Girls. True story.
2.) I stole my son's name from the little brother of one of my favorite students. He doesn't dance or anything, but I loved his name!
3.) Trace's middle name is Joseph...after my dad and Joe Paterno. Sad, but so true.
4.) I am a huge Steelers fan.
5.) I could eat at the Cheesecake Factory every day and never get sick of it.
6.) I not so secretly want to be put on What Not to Wear. I want them to tell me how to look cute in my dance teacher clothes!
7.) I love to cook but hate my small kitchen.
8.) I love to change my hair color.
9.) I consider my students to be my best friends.
10.) I love going to church.
11.) I want to be an amazing seafood chef!
12.) I sort of really hate shopping.
13.) I have been to 47 states.
14.) I was an exchange student to Russia in high school for a month.
15.) I think Avatar is a pretty movie but just about the dumbest storyline of all time. Blah!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy 1 Year!! So fun :-)

Will you ever call Trace "TJ"? Trace is such a cute, simple, and original name. Love it!

Fun post :-)