Thursday, June 10, 2010

Why I've Been MIA

Well, my dance year is wrapped up. Stick a fork in it, it's done! We had our recital this past weekend. It was wonderful, to say the least. There was of course moments where I wanted to rip my hair out, because let's face it. There will always be silly drama. But our new mantra for next year: You can't control what others do or say, you can only control how you react. We're going for 100% drama free. Is this unreasonable? Well of course. But by focusing on our own reactions vs others actions, we are guaranteed to have a smoother year.

I digress! I get excited about our upcoming year the minute the recital is over. I can't help myself!

I thought I'd share with you some pictures, taken by Hemdal Photography and reposted with permission, to show you a little bit of what I do and whom I do it with. As always, faces are only shown of dancers who either have a Facebook account OR their parents do and post pictures of their children on there. Names are only given of dancers in high school or above or that are related to me. :)

This one is of my dear friend and lifelong hero, Brenda. She's an EIGHT TIME CANCER SURVIVOR!!! She takes adult tap and this picture is from our family dance this year, where we dressed as old people. (You can see my sister in a house dress in the back :))


This next one is one of my most talented students, hands down. She's a natural dancer and athlete and I cry when I watch her. :)


Last one for this post is of one of my teachers/seniors who graduated this year. She's an amazing girl, actually pretty quiet and shy! You'd never know it when she's onstage though. She's a powerhouse. I can't talk about it much more or I will cry.



I have many many many more pictures to come. So look forward to that. (HAH!)

This was a tough weekend for me. It's been a hard year in so many ways. So many things changed and were blown our of proportion unnecessarily. I can only hope that people realize that my intentions were honest and good. I pray daily that my conduct as a dance teacher and business owner will be true. It is NOT easy to keep my mouth shut and avoid gossiping about things, but I try so hard. I got slammed this year with a rude awakening but I kept a level head as best I could. I won't say more, it doesn't need said, but what I will say is this: God won't give me more than I can handle and for that I am always thankful. I might not always see what the plan is (okay almost never! That's why HE is in charge, not me) But I'm learning slowly to hold tight to the promise that I will come through the other side a stronger and better person in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end!

Enjoy your Thursday! Kate

1 comment:

lea said...

Sigh, If only I knew how to dance. These photos make me wanna learn.

love,
Paisley