Today is a good day. I actually woke up with my alarm, which means I slept last night. I've been having a hard time sleeping lately and have been sleeping through my alarm(s) unintentionally. Thankfully, my mom calls me each morning on her way to work and that wakes me up when I oversleep. But I digress.
Today is the first day on my 90 day Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I'm so excited! I wanted to start yesterday, but ended up with a horrible sore throat, fever and ear ache by the time I got home from work. Blah. I didn't have the energy the work out. But today, I do. I woke up early, did some Pilates before the kids woke up. Then I actually. ate. breakfast. I know, take a minute to digest that news. I had strawberry yogurt and a big glass of water. Then for lunch I had quesadillas, with whole wheat tortillas, low fat cheese and salsa. (Which by the way, is the best lunch I've had in a long time. Seriously, delish and easy)
I'm going to do my day 1 work out as soon as Pretty Little Liars is over. ;) I'll let you know how hard it is...I hope it's really hard and kicks my butt. I love feeling sore after a good work out. :)
In addition to a Body Revolution, I'm making a lot of other changes in my life as well.
1. I'm giving up red meat. I don't really like it anyways. I much prefer chicken and seafood. Technically, it's my "lent" give up, but I'm Methodist so it's not required. :) I'm also going to do Meatless Mondays and Meatless Fridays.
2. I'm doing 90 days of NO frivolous spending. Actually, it'll be 94 days since this change started on Friday. It's day 5 and going great. I love love love budgeting and watching my savings/bank accounts grow. It's a great feeling. We've got some big expenses coming up and I'm excited to be completely prepared.
3. I'm limiting my caffeine intake to 1 coffee and 1 diet coke a day. That's cutting WAY back for me. I'm also not drinking any caffeine after 7 pm. I'd like to cut out Diet Coke all together by the end of June. I'm not giving up coffee though. ;)
4. I'm pledging to read 7 new books. I get in ruts with my reading and I end up rereading books I know I like. I'm open for suggestions! (Not Hunger Games, for some reason I just couldn't get in to them!)
5. I'm going to do 3 activities per week with the kids. I want to be one of those awesome mom that you see all over the internet, inventing awesome home learning games for their kids. Well I'm going to do it too. Today we used shaving cream and bathtub paint in the tub. The kids played happily for 45 minutes. We talked about colors, textures, making new colors, pattern...it was easy. It was fun. We'll do it again!
Are you making any changes this time of year? It's going to be a good spring!