Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome to the world, little blog.

So. I'm going to become a blogger. I've tried a few times before to become a blogger, but I've never committed and I've always failed. But this time I am committing! I have a sweet little family of three now and I know that my extended family would like to keep updated on the going ons of our little life. (How do I know this, you ask? Well because I keep up to date with my sister in law's blog daily! She keeps me informed of the goings on in her life and the life of my too cute for words niece and nephew. Check her out here.)

So allow me to introduce myself.

I'm Kate. I'll be 25 next week. I live in a tiny town in a very cold state. I've lived here my whole life. I'm a dance teacher and love my job, but hate being my own boss. (Backwards from usual, I believe.) I eat, sleep and breathe dance. I am constantly tapping my toes and twirling around. Any piece of music is an excuse for me to make up a dance in my head. Thus, the name of this blog. The phrase I say most often in any given day is "5...6...7...8!" :) I'm a wanna be chef, avid reader, lover of knowledge and travel and a total Russia-phile. (Visited when I was 16!) I love the theatre, and for a while dabbled with the idea of becoming an actress. I grew up dreaming of being a Rockette, but I topped out at 5'5. (Google minimum height for a Rockette and understand my disappointment!)

My husband is Dave. He's almost 26. He has a degree in Turf Grass Science. He takes care of the grounds and sports fields for a local school district. Dave is a golf FREAK. Tiger Woods is a daily topic in our house, even long before the "scandal." He (and I as well) looooves the Steelers. (Nope, we don't live in Pittsburgh!) Dave likes all sports, really. He's a wonderful man.

Our little one is Rory. She's 7 months old, almost 8. She is the light in our lives. I can't even imagine life without her now that she is here. :) More on her later, I am sure.

Our life is really rather quiet. We have our circle of friends, we have our puppy (Hiya Millie!), we have each other. We work hard. We live in a small house and could easily spend all day playing silly games on the Wii and eating pizza and wings. We are a family and that's the most comfortable thing in the world.

1 comment:

Nikky Ewing said...

I'm following your blog.
I know, cool huh?
hahahah
i bet you thought I didn't have a blog thing. :)